8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lovers and Other Strangers 1X400ft version question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lovers and Other Strangers 1X400ft version question
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 24, 2017 12:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if anyone owns the 400ft digest version of this ABC Films super 8 release ...

Is the whole song "For All we Know' in this 400ft digest? i used to have the ABC Films abridged feature version of this (5X400ft, more like 4X400ft actually), but I have never seen the cut of this 1X400ft digest ...

So, is the full song in this digest?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2017 05:10 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
I viewed my 400' digest copy today and to answer your question, the song "For All We Know" runs 1:23 in the digest and concludes at the end of the vocals. The DVD version of the song runs 1:54 and includes some instrumental material at the end of the vocals. So none of the words are missing in the 400' print, just some instrumental music.
My copy is exceptionally sharp and the color is vibrant. This is not the case with all of the Ken/ABC Films releases.
I hope this info helps.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 28, 2017 11:52 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it does, very much so! I sounds as if for the 1X400ft digest, they used a different film stock as you are correct about the 5X400ft mini-feature of the full film was on kodak SP and has, of course, faded.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC