8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » SUPER 8 mm from Digital of Celluloid, New Super 8 Release (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: SUPER 8 mm from Digital of Celluloid, New Super 8 Release
Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2017 04:15 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

we want make a New Super 8 Release here in Germany.
Here the Prices:

SUPER 8 mm from Digital of Celluloid ! ! !

Hello Super 8 Fans, we want make here in Germany a New Super 8 Release: Super 8 Cartoon "BANANA" (Minions) ca. 100 feet, 4 - 5 min.

"You can send other Cartoon wish Titles or Trailers!?!"

The Price is (Polyester Stock include Magnetic Stripe, Cover and Box):

10 Prints = 175,-€

20 Prints = 120,-€

30 Prints = 105,-€

40 Prints = 90,-€

50 Prints = 85,-€

Have interessted please send a Mail to: newstar.infos@gmail.com

So the more you join, the cheaper it gets.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 03, 2017 04:45 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any attempt to keep super 8 alive is more than welcome. I hope you will get a lot of support for this one. There is no doubt that 175 € will scare many collectors. I would suggest you to update this thread each time a level is reached. First, it would be great to know if the project will happen by having 10 buyers. Then if the price lows to 120 €, that may decide other people. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2017 05:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
People now often think €175 for a decent feature is too much, let alone for 4-5 minutes of Film.

Good luck with that one Andreas!

When you consider the price falls to below half of that amount if 50 prints are sold, I think we would need 100+ of like minded committed Super 8mm collectors before the project could even stand a chance of becoming a reality.

Assuming 100 of the above type of collector could be found, the next headache would then be finding a title everyone would be happy to own.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 05, 2017 08:51 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I'd normally like to offer encouragement in relation to any such venture, I think the digital source is a major handicap, for these reasons:

a) Even with 50 buyers, the price is at least twice what a new release from CHC would cost.
b) Some collectors will be wary of a digital source for quality-related and aesthetic reasons. A previous release rumoured to be from digital was considered a soft print and seems to have been discontinued.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2017 05:45 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

i have news, The Minion Cartoon "Banana" is in Scope, Polyester and with magnetic sound

Super 8, 4 Minutes long

The Price is 40 - 65 Euro + shipping (more orders, better Price!)

Coming new in Dezember 2017

Have you interessted, please send me a PM

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 08, 2017 08:32 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good to me!

I love showing modern films like this, people never expect anything like this from super-8.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2017 05:43 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the cartoon sells well, it would be possible to make more, even current trailers would be possible. And the price is not bad.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 09, 2017 08:46 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear of the progress you've made. In view of the sound recording difficulties at the lab - that have delayed the availability of certain new releases - have they assured you that they will have this fixed quite soon, or have you arranged to do your own sound recording?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 09, 2017 12:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear from you, Andreas and good luck with this venture!!!

I PM's you with an awesome idea for a super 8 cartoon release!!!!!

Guaranteed to sell!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 10, 2017 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, just to potentially drum up interest for the cartoon of my choice, it's "Chariots of Fur", the last Chuck Jones directed Road Runner cartoon, made in the mid 1990's and released theatrically on 35MM, (there is actually a print of this on ebay right now, but I can't afford it, otherwise I'd get it!). It's a very funny outing and i think it would make an AWESOME release ...

so, to drum up support, let Andreas know! [Smile]

--------------------

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2017 05:38 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I play the sound himself on the magnetic track [Smile]

And Osi, great Idea, i have send a Mail to you:)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 11, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you sent a second one, I didn't recieve it. Sorry. [Frown]

My e-mail is ...

CXOSIR1@outlook.com

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 08, 2017 07:42 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is this project moving on ?

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2017 01:05 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The price is simply a killer on this, its a great idea for releasing new items but i could never justify these prices. At the end of the day digital projection is for us where material isn't on film. Sorry. [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 08, 2017 01:25 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time a price range was given, it was 40-65 €. I don't believe you can make a new release nowadays for less than 40 €. Given the small number of copies that would be make, these films may have an higher value with time, who knows ?

--------------------
Dominique

Rich Malmsten
Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2017 02:10 PM      Profile for Rich Malmsten   Email Rich Malmsten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That 40 to 65 euro price range is reasonable for a new one-reel print. I'd definitely consider ordering one.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2017 02:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for around 5 minutes of film??
Well, i hope it gets the support it deserves but being very honest i couldn't justify it any longer.
I did put up a blu ray short screening tonight as tomorrow we are going to watch the new version of The magnificent 7.
Its been over 6 months since i viewed any digital on the big screen, and tonight while on my own setting up i popped on the grand finale of The Phantom of the Opera stage show and i was taken back at the image in every way bearing in mind we only have what people may call an entry level Epson player, ( i think its great) and a blu ray disc i paid a fiver for, via a basic 5:1 amp. With in mind i remembered how much ive paid lately for a handful of titles on 8 and 16mm and i have to say its making me think more and more about holding onto what we have, (as i really do love the cine projection) but thinking more toward "if a title comes up , particularly on 16, i have to be realistic and accept today's digital is quite fantastic".
Do i want to part with 50 odd quid for a very short cartoon or promo? I live in the real world. If i should ever win the lotto then i will change my mind. [Wink]
I wish Andreas all the best with this project and do hope it goes well though. [Wink]
BTW, My Wife is the worlds biggest Minnions fan, SO DONT TELL HER [Big Grin]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 08, 2017 03:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is sad to see that on a film forum an attempt to new release a super 8, instead of being enthousiastely supported is ruined by negative comments 😥

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 08, 2017 03:53 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd do 65 Euros for this, but then again I'm the guy that bought a Super-8 feature length Airplane! six months after I got a video projector!

My son is a heavy-duty Minions fan. I think I'd buy it just to see the look on his face.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2017 09:04 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that could be called "negative comment(s)" - closeer to be "practical/realistic comment(s)" instead.

Film collecting was/is a NICHE HOBBY,that's the hard fact. [Frown]

It had never been (and will never be) a mass hobby like collecting postage stamps/vhs/dvd/anything else,period.

(Oh,just another "negative comment" [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 09, 2017 01:47 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think new material is awesome and I LOVE the minions. PM sent! Put me on the list.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2017 04:34 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to say too expensive for me. Even back when I first started collecting it was sometimes hard to part with money (I'm from Yorkshire) a 4x400ft was around the £70+ range. Now though I'm glad I bought them, only wish I could have got more.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 09, 2017 12:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How would footage price be for shorts 10-20 minutes in length? - Shorty

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2017 01:45 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to the Tarantino trailer from CHC, did that not make an appearance ?. Its great to get some enthusiasm for the newer film trailers, I think the price would have to reflect the quality, but the subject is not my cup of tea, and how good would the transfer be.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 09, 2017 02:58 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dominique, I didn't mean it to be negative, im always happy to see a new release but due to the demise of Derann they are so few these days that anything new is very expensive for what it is. Especially from a digital source to film. 120, (assuming 20 are ordered), Euros, (around the same in pounds), could easily buy me a good second hand batch.
In comparison, i recently bought Viva Las Vegas for 89 quid, its 45/50 minutes long, has 1st class colour and is on well established pre stripe stock. Would i really want to fork out
120 for a 5 minute release instead? For me, not really, however, yes it is great to see someone trying a new release & i do hope it goes well, but for this life long collector i can no longer justify the costs unless i am fortunate enough to win the lottery or something. [Wink]
All power to the minions [Big Grin] [Wink]

While on the subject, there are two releases that have been talked about for a long time, The Back to the future promo, and i know CHC are doing there utmost to sort this,
And, as mentioned, (& there was plenty of support), the hateful eight trailer in scope.

BTW, here is the comparison and why i cant justify it,
Remember Deranns last feature release? Master & Commander, (one i wish i did buy now, i had to pull out of it at the time), it cost £350 and the film runs for 138 minutes,

That film was scope stereo, thats the equivalent of £2.53 per minute, They did sell there batch of 30, (maybe a few under or over),
This possible cartoon release at £120.00, (if 20 are sold) is the equivalent of £24 per minute,
IF, the back to the future promo is released it will run for approx the same time, the cost will not be anywhere near this price.

So definatly not being a downer on a new release, just living in the real world and keeping my dosh for much longer films, better value for me quids [Big Grin] [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC