8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lamp for B&H 256 EX projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lamp for B&H 256 EX projector
Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2017 01:59 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mate has dumped his father's old Bell & Howell 256 EX (which I assume is short for Export)on my bench to "fix" so they can view the home movies he shot.
It had no lamp and I found a A1/211 in amongst my box of lamps & it seems to work OK but when I go looking for 21.5V 150W lamps on EBay there appear to be dozens all slightly different.
I think in the US they released this machine with 120V lamps installed but this unit as its made to run on 240V it has an added in transformer in the back above the motor...obvious that it was an add on the way its mounted & wired.

Anyone with one of these in a country that runs with 230/240V know what is the correct lamp to use??

What is shown on EBay in terms of prices they are VERY expensive as obviously rather rare now.

--------------------
Lindsay

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 16, 2017 03:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lindsay
The A1/211 appears to be correct. It is also known as a DCF, DCA and DEF.
As you have discovered, they are very expensive. It would be best to "shop around".

--------------------
Maurice

Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2017 07:55 PM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice,

The light seems OK & I remembered that the Silma Std 8 sound machine I have also had a similar lamp so I popped that one out & tried it in the B&H & really could see very little difference in screen light.
The Silma has a A/184 fitted so maybe not a lot of difference between lamp types. The filament position, size and even the reflector shape looks identical between these 2.
No idea as to what the Ansi code is for the 184 lamp or even the 211 for that matter.

--------------------
Lindsay

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 17, 2017 03:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lindsay
A search on Don's Bulbs website reveals the following:-
A1/184 = DCA
A1/211 = DEF
Both appear to be the same.

--------------------
Maurice

Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2017 04:18 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice, info much appreciated will have a look at Dons Bulbs.

--------------------
Lindsay

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC