8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Flash Gordon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flash Gordon
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2017 04:25 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I watched my latest 35mm purchase, the 1980 Flash Gordon.
I didnīt watched this movie again since 1981 and I love it much more now, as a adult, than as a Teenager.
Great music very sexy movie.

I am curious how is the Super 8 release? Was it a Derann release?
Anyone have it in Stereo?
In germany was a digest release from Piccolo film, I never watched this. They released also the Trailer. Are there english trailer too?
I saw on youtube a video clip from Queen with film footage, was this ever released in Super 8

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2017 04:35 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the Derann catalogue with "The Little Mermaid" on the cover, so yes, from Derann. 4x600 ft scope but no mention in there of stereo Price code X then Ģ299.99p. Trailer also available.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 17, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this print. It is Scope and the colors are beautiful. Print is reasonably sharp. It isn't the sharpest print Derann ever put out but its pretty good.
Mine came and was in mono so I re-recorded it in Stereo and now the sound is perfect. Great soundtrack and really a classic film in many ways!
Ask the makers of "Ted". They really loved the film so that explains the Sam Jones cameo.
Not very often seen for sale in Super 8 these days so kind of rare I think.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 17, 2017 11:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed Alan and a very next print too from the photos I have seen of this film at the time of sale. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC