8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Xenon Fumeo 9119 "Stereo" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Xenon Fumeo 9119 "Stereo"
Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 09:47 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very fortunate to have secured a rare Fumeo 9119 with factory installed stereo sound and xenon light source.
The projector has a 250W Xenon lamp with two light intensity settings, 1500
and 2500 lumens.
The projector was fitted with the Eumig 1.0 - 18 - 28mm primary. This all glass lens is very heavy.
As mentioned the projector has stereo sound and special sound head by Photovox with a dedicated pre amp and stereo circuit, all internal.

The projector runs very quiet and its performance is top of the list.

Below are a few pictures.

-
 -

[ March 26, 2017, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Alan Gouger ]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 03:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Alan

Thank you for posting the pictures and details of your new Fumeo 9119 stereo xenon - if you have any others specifically showing the dowser and any extra cooling fans on this machine it would be very useful to me as I plan to install a HID lamp and power supply in my 9119.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 03:38 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a simply sensational machine you have stumbled upon there Alan.

You are a very lucky guy Alan!😊😊

A real dream machine and one of the very few 19,s with factory fitted stereo capability.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 03:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great found !

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 04:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a Marc 300 Lamp fitted Alan?

Can't be I suppose as you say its 250w, just curious to see what lamp this lovely machine uses, that's all Alan.

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 04:37 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
drool [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 04:56 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

A beauty isn't it Del!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 07:27 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Alan! Another fantastic machine added to your amazing collection!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 07:39 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice machine. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like an HTI lamp in there.
Also does it need a separate power supply for the lamp like the Beaulieu or is the Ballast/Igniter internal as well?
And of course the million dollar question...which machine is now your favorite? [Smile]
PS-let me know if you ever decide you have too many Fumeo's. I'm sure I may be able to find a nice home for one of them.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 07:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
With nothing on display, that is why I was somewhat confused Alan?
No Ballast/ Ignitor?

I am sure you're right though Alan predicting it to be a HTI model, like your own Beaulieu model has the same lamp.

Simply magnificent projector though isn't it?
Now where is the nearest exhibition hall? [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 08:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding. That is one fine looking projecror.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 10:47 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
chomping at the bit now, can't wait to get mine [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 10:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And after bills done with it i bet itl run like new [Wink]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 10:58 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A projector design done properly.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 11:09 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet "The Rose" never looked or sounded so good! [Smile]

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 01:04 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know it Tom, you know it [Wink]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 04:06 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hello Alan
Thank you for posting the pictures and details of your new Fumeo 9119 stereo xenon - if you have any others specifically showing the dowser and any extra cooling fans on this machine it would be very useful to me as I plan to install a HID lamp and power supply in my 9119.

Kevin

Hi Kevin here is a picture of the shutter assembly. Due to forum restrictions on picture size it is hard to see. Cooling is done with the stock fan that is the same in the 9119. I ran a full movie and no extra heat it stays cool.
 -

quote:
Very nice machine. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like an HTI lamp in there.
Also does it need a separate power supply for the lamp like the Beaulieu or is the Ballast/Igniter internal as well?

Alan Rik

Alan the ballast and Igniter are all internal [Smile]

quote:
I am sure you're right though Alan predicting it to be a HTI model, like your own Beaulieu model has the same lamp.

Andrew

Andrew and Alan I do think it is a HTI lamp. By the way the Beaulieu HTI is also very bright.

quote:
chomping at the bit now, can't wait to get mine 

Del

Do you have a Fumeo on the way Del ? If so Congrats [Smile]

quote:
And of course the million dollar question...which machine is now your favorite? 

Alan Rik

Alan the best projector is different for all of us. I am keeping myself out of trouble by not answering and wanting to keep all my dear friends:)

Thank you to everyone in this thread for your kind support.

Here is a poor quality video I up loaded shot using my iphone with no correction. This is the projector in action shooting a 16 foot wide scope image on a white wall. The movie is "The Fearless Vampire Killers" which has a lot of dark scenes but the projector handles it quit well at this size.
Do not pay attention to the lack of sound the projector was shooting from another room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=O3Cq3Eny50U&feature=youtu.be

By the way did everyone see this video and pictures: Not sure if you have to log into facebook to see it or not. Search for "Chaiyanant Bhatanant" he is a good S8 collector and performed a Xenon conversion using the Xenon kit meant for autos. Very cleaver.

https://www.facebook.com/100004808084840/videos/pcb.602885789881685/6028857 49881689/?type=3&theater

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 10:49 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics and info. Its nice to see the format pushed to its limits. And your 16ft image looked great!

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2017 01:45 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, can you show us the lamp you have mounted?

Thanks
Flavio

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2017 03:41 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the extra pictures Alan that is very useful to me as I want to add a dowser to mine in preparation for the HID mod. Prepare yourself for many other requests for info too you have an excellent machine there and I am sure we will all be interested to see it in use on a regular basis!

Kevin

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2017 04:13 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan you have there one of the best Super 8mm projectors ever
made. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you.

As their advertising hype went at the time ... " Tools not toys"

How true this has proven to be they are extremely rugged being
based on a 16mm one.
My own standard unmodified 9119 has not had a full service in
13 years and only needed a general maintenance to keep it running.

I bought the last Mono soundhead and other spares from Fumeo
in the UK a long time ago and have never needed to use them
yet.

However I may just send it off to Bill Parsons for a service and
maybe even an HTI lamp modification if this is possible.

Thanks for the pics and video links.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 29, 2017 04:25 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Very much agreed David and I particularly admire the fact you stocked up on the spare parts when they were still available.

It is only an absolute credit to your machine and your everyday projection skills throughout your career as a professional projectionist, that you have so far never needed to use a single spare part you invested in.

I hope I may say the same for my investment in these spare parts over the years ahead.
I will be most pleased if I never need any of them but just like your own, they are a very handy safeguard for all of us in it for the long term.

I have another conundrum to be evaluated regarding David's point here regarding a possible upgrade to his machine, but as this is not related to the Fumeo 9119 post here, I will open a separate thread surrounding it later.

--------------------

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2017 04:31 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Andrew.

It was a very shrewd decision I made at the time regarding the spares.
I am glad you did the same for your machine of choice.

However knowing my luck a part will wear out and it will be one
I don't have. Sods Law ! Hahaha ! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 29, 2017 04:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My machine of choice David, would very much include this one of Alan's!

I am happy enough though it has to be said with what i now have these days. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2017 04:48 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew we should maybe start a thread headed " Desert Island Projectors ". [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC