8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fumeo 9910 shutter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 9910 shutter
Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2017 01:44 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody!

I have recently bought this Fumeo super 8 optical/magnetic sound projector, type 9910.
This projector seems to have a perforated shutter that is in front of the frame and is removed by a little lid, when a film passes trough and pushes away this shutter.
It seems weird to me that, when I want to look at the frame, e.g. checking the dust around it before projection (so, without a film), I am unable to have the projection of an empty frame to check this. I only have this shutter removed, when a film passes through, but then it's too late to really check and clean the frame. When the projector runs without a film, you only see this (see photo below).
Is this a normal thing? I have checked and there is no broken part or so, so it looks to be made like this...

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2017 03:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is an unusual mechanism if it's correct Nick.

Sorry but I have never actually seen one of these in the flesh.
Hopefully someone here will have, or still owns one of these to come to your aid here with this one Nick.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2017 03:48 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew, I hope so too, it's something weird! [Razz]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 07, 2017 02:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick
This is actually a projector made by Silma and badged as a Fumeo. I see you have the instruction book. Is this any help with your problem?

--------------------
Maurice

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2017 07:32 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurice!

I have looked in the instructions (all in italian), but nothing in it about that...

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick,
I'm also not familiar with this machine, but it could be made like that, although it's unusual that the part doesn't move out of the way when running with no film. At least you can see around the entire edge of the frame for cleaning (top & bottom anyway). Looks like from the photo there is some debris around it now. I would use a soft brush and a can of compressed air to clean your gate after every screening...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2017 08:28 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fumeo 9119 has a knob on the back of the machine to turn over the shutter by hand, just wondered if this has the same, this would allow the shutter blade to be inched out of the way?, is this not though a still frame position?, the elmo 1200 has what I would call a "tea strainer " type pad that drops down to filter the heat away from the film frame, just s thought.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 07, 2017 08:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As this shutter is moved away by the film as it enters I suggest that it is designed this way as without film there may be too much heat with the lamp on.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC