8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 Converter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Converter
John Porter
Junior

- posted April 13, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for John Porter   Author's Homepage   Email John Porter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know of someone who can convert a DVD or Blu-Ray(or even a youtube video/mp4) to super 8mm color sound? I want to print a super 8 copy of my short film on super 8mm.

--------------------
John Porter

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 13, 2017 05:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is someone in France who apparently converts modern trailers to super 8 colour silent films. So this person may give you some tips. Once you have a silent copy, you can have your film stripped and add the sound. The super 8 trailers sold by the French man are expensive and I have never seen any myself so I cannot comment about the quality. I would more advise you to contact this person (if you find nobody else closer to you) to have some informations rather than (seen the price) ask him to do the job for you (except if you're ready to pay a high price). Here is one of the ad : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Film-super-8-King-Kong-Skull-Island-Jordan-Vogt-Roberts-2017-/282427776970?hash=item41c201dfca:g:1YUAAOSwmgJY60Or

--------------------
Dominique

John Porter
Junior

- posted April 17, 2017 11:07 AM      Profile for John Porter   Author's Homepage   Email John Porter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

--------------------
John Porter

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2017 03:44 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, did you do it? If so, how did it turn out?

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2017 11:06 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, for the same price of a couple of his trailers plus shipping, you could buy a 16mm projector PLUS have Marco in Italy print up trailers for you with sound... so long as you have the right sort of digital file.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 01:52 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, I have heard Marco with 16mm.

But how could he put the optical sound on 16mm? AFAIK he made silent movie.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC