8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 65th BFCC Video (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 65th BFCC Video
Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2017 01:38 PM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've finally had an opportunity to edit the video shot at October's BFCC.
The result is now on YouTube.....

https://youtu.be/MZ7iK_KxxFo

Hope you enjoy it.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 09:34 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely superb Stuart! Really captures the wonder of the BFCC and the magic of reel film projection.
Extremely well done, will inspire anyone here to break out their favourate projector and pop on a reel or two. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 10:53 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was truly fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing that video.
I have to say.. I really miss Derek Simmons. He was, for me, the Steve Jobs of Super 8.
I miss that man.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2017 04:23 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrific, Stuart - I watched it twice!

Really nicely put together.

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2017 06:56 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and thank you for a very Professional job.
It Is worth Keeping and watch from time Tó time. Very enjoyable

--------------------
António C. Mota

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 03:42 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an absolute credit to you Stuart, of which you should be truly proud

Kindest Regards Always

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 04:10 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart a big thank you for sharing your excellently edited
video of a great event.

It should be released on Super 8mm film for collectors. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 10:25 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Stuart, enjoyed it and we enjoyed the day too, caught a couple of shots of my Son and I so I'll show him later your excellent video, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 24, 2017 11:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Magnificent!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 24, 2017 04:42 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Stuart would consider changing his YouTube settings to permit downloading. This is a film that many of us, I am sure, would like to have in our own Film Collecting computer files for repeated viewings.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 08:14 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great video Stuart well put together. Thanks for sharing

Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 04:17 PM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm pleased the video has been well received.
In response to Paul's request, the video can be downloaded here:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9fc654195b3d449cfd12bdb484e069b620170425172433/e7ac05063e290bfa7a6febb222c5abfa20170425172433/3588c1

This is a WeTransfer link and should work for 7 days.
The original 4K file is 50GB and therefore not very practical for download. This is a 1.3GB file as uploaded to YouTube. I wanted to avoid any further compression that YouTube may use so figured this would be a safer route.
Please let me know if you have any problems with the link.

Stu

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 25, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news Stuart and the video is truly superb thanks.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 25, 2017 10:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Stuart. Downloaded tonight, took 2 hours on my system but well worth the wait.
This has to be THE definitive BFCC video! Just marvelous and I hope you don't mind if I use it in some of my film shows to show people just what film collecting is really all about.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 26, 2017 02:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you ! Downloaded :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2017 11:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely love how you have the sound of the projector being turned on, then elements of the projector going, then that glorious sound of film threading thru the projector! I don't have to see it, i can imagine it. A Brilliant bit of video there! Well done!

As I was looking this up, I had a wonderful return to our very own Paul Adsett's great video concerning his own home cinema (boy! I wish i had a set-up like that!0. Well done, Paul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6rAuL4VXc

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 01, 2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart,

Congratulations on an amazing job! Extremely well done and how wonderful it is to see Keith Wilton & John Clancy along with a number of familiar faces from my previous visits.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2017 02:10 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb job Stuart!!

This should be screened at the next BFCC if there is one?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 02, 2017 12:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only thing I would have liked to hear, beyond what was said, was that the other fine lads who have literally been there from the beginning of these BFCC's, had been mentioned by name. If not for John Clancy's enormous and tireless help, it would not have continued on for many of these later years.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 03, 2017 05:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all, especially who attended the 65th BFCC.

I knew the projector shown at the first minute is a super 8mm projector Elmo GS1200.

But can you guys confirm, the last three films shown on the screen were actually super 8mm? Anyone know what was the screen size?

To me the screen was big enough while the film grains were not seen that much. That is so beautifull.

Can you tell me please.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2017 05:53 PM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,

The shots at the end of "Poltergeist" & "Gladiator" are indeed super 8, as projected at the BFCC. These shots have had very little grading, only a little brightness reduction to represent what was viewed on the day. The GS1200 shots at the beginning and end are my own projector, shot at a later date.
All testament to Keith Wilton and John Clancy that you have to ask the question though!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 03, 2017 10:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stuart thanks for the reply.

What about for "Supergirl" was it also super 8mm?

At minutes 7:12 from youtube, Keith Wilton was opening the right mask, and since it was not shown in the video, I would guess he also did the same for the left mask? Was that big the size of super 8mm scope presentation?

ps: At the beginning, there was a Tom & Jerry which I believe a super 8mm print. In my experience when we change from flat to scope (2x), then the scope presentation (2x) will be wider but the height will be shorther (obviously from previoulsy 4:3 to 2:1). How could in this case, the Tom & Jerry has the same height with Gladiator? using a zoom lens?

--------------------
Winbert

Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2017 06:57 AM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following a couple of requests, I have re-uploaded the video to allow another seven days to download.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4bec53245db9f4c2f1551a5e9e6346b120170504112310/ca4bfbb4e76f1d6d7c45a86af995502320170504112310/0f905a

Thanks for all of your kind comments.

Stu

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2017 04:17 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Supergirl was from Super 8 I can't remember now if it was from the Derann "This is Scope" reel or the feature.

Just adding the scope lens will stretch from 4:3 to 2.66:1 (or 2.35:1 if it was an Animex print) with no change of height.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 04, 2017 06:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaahh,...you are right Brian.

I always have that impression, because my screen was flat. So when I put the scope lens, the width is going to be projected outside the screen. I then bring the projector be closer to the screen (or zooming in) to get the width has the right size to my flat screen, hence the height will be shorter .... [Razz]

Now back to the presentation, I would really love to see it in person how a super 8mm print can have that quality.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC