8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hammer Values

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hammer Values
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 07:09 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just lost out on a Taste the Blood of Dracula digest (Derann 400')... thinking that a sniper bid of 210 pounds would be a very, very safe amount that would guarantee a win. But it went for 215 pounds!!! Crazy. I guess that means the old Hammer Horror super 8 titles are holding their value. Who knows... but I think I picked the right genre to collect rather than Westerns or old silent comedies or something. Wow... $300 with shipping for a 400'er with no full description to the quality is mind boggling to me. Guess I have to snipe more mind boggling numbers if I have any chance of winning!

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 02:32 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,

I collect all Hammer releases mainly 4x400ft and the full length releases - and I think they hold their value very well and besides that they are always an excellent watch.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 02:57 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think whoever paid that amount for 400 foot Hammer Film needs to apply my ' Sanity Clause' .

I have few of them in my collection as i like Hammer Films.

The quality of some of these prints can be good indeed for SUPER 8 MM ! I cant understand someone paying huge sums for an inferior product. Never mind the fact it is hugely edited.

I think i will stick with my DVD copy of this film for the
meantime. I will be upgrading to the Blu-Ray soon.

I notice that the Derann 400 foot Scope version of Dracula Prince Of Darkness in its original box sold for around a more sensible price of £36.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a fairly rare 400 but £20-£30 is its real value. Memorabilia Collector or clown at that price proberably thinks he has a unique piece of collectibility. 😂😂😂😂😂

Wonder what his reserve was a million pounds !!. Bet you it is back on eBay shortly when he doesn't pay for it. Love for some of these clowns to be actually committed to the sale and have to pay for purchases.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 25, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens when a buyer refuses to pay for what he has bought? Does he get some automatic black mark or perhaps something worse?
What would constitute eBay refusing to keep him as a member?
Or, is it just a buyer's market?

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 25, 2017 11:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, so you probably lucked out Brian. No doubt another one will pop up, in better shape, and you'll get it for a song, one thing is for sure, the person who paid over 200 pounds for that 400ft, won't be bidding against you for you're copy! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2017 02:14 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked out the bidding history on this one.

I have a theory that a couple of desperate chancers bid way over
the price they were actually willing to pay for it in order to win it.

There may be one person kicking himself for foolishly doing this
not expecting someone else to do the same as them.

I could be wrong though as only they really know the truth.
Whatever the truth that does not change the fact that the selling price is way OTT. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC