8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Problem with noris 410

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem with noris 410
Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2017 02:35 PM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i have a very nice condition noris 410 but it has a problem threading the film.It goes on the first sprocket, through the gate and into the soundhead ok but when it exits the other side of the soundhead it starts to shoot out of the side of the channel before it gets to the pinch roller and second sprocket.It seems to do this every time.There is nothing on the front cover that keeps the film in place as it happens with the cover on as well.Maybe there is a part missing as there is nothing to keep the film in the channel to the second sprocket.If anyone has this model or a similar one maybe you can check to see if i have a part missing.Here are a few pictures.Other than this the projector works fine as the film can be guided manually on to the second sprocket then it is ok.

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/electric-banana_photos/ ALBUM%20no1/IMG_1554_zpstyqbtlbi.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/electric-banana_photos/ ALBUM%20no1/IMG_1555_zpsjhbctse8.jpg[/IMG]

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 26, 2017 03:02 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture of a 412 which I assume is the same as your 410. From this it appears that a plastic guide channel is missing from your 410.
http://www.van-eck.net/img/itable/images/film_noris_Norisound%20412_1436883021723.JPG

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the 412 is just a twin channel sound version of the 410, I have one and sometimes a film will do the same thing (not always) and I have the guide there. I thread with the cover off to see and push the film the correct way, also some films will not get that far and disappear down just past the flywheel spindle. the threading path of these models is not the best.

Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2017 05:37 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, i found that same photo and it looks the same as mine.The plastic guide that fits over the flywheel spindle is on mine but it does not seem to keep the film in the channel.If i was to try threading it 10 times it would fail every time.Is there not another part that maybe clips over that guide to keep the film in place ?.Also it looks like the curved guide that directs the film into the soundhead is missing on that picture of the 412.Heres a similar picture of mine.

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/electric-banana_photos/ ALBUM%20no1/IMG_1558_zps6iufem2o.jpg[/IMG]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 28, 2017 11:05 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some years ago I owned a Noris 342 Stereo but I don't recall ever having trouble with the auto-thread, although I regretted its inability to run without the lamp being on at the end of a film.
Problems with auto threading on any projector can often be traced to the film itself being incorrectly trimmed, badly cut or perhaps warped.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC