8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dogtor Frank

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dogtor Frank
Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2017 02:19 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not seen any posts from Frank Arnstein for quite some time. I hope he is OK. Has anyone heard from him lately?

|  IP: Logged

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2017 07:12 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.
I used to call upon the dogtor whenever i needed a fix for the projector, he always had the correct fix. Always!
Everytime i asked for help he has been there. The last couple times i posted for him i didn't hear back, but because being newer, i don't know his routine so thought maybe he would chime in eventually.
I am afraid he has not posted for awhile now and i miss his help and expertise! I hope you are OKAY Dogtor!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2017 01:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked his website and saw he references his ebay listings. He is still listing stuff on ebay Australia so it seems he is still kicking. Hopefully he is so busy with his sales he doesn't have the time to check in on the forum.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2017 02:58 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry & Mathew,

I can confirm that I am still kicking but not quite as hard as I used to. After years of carrying heavy movie projectors around, my spine has been compressed by about 3 inches and that hurts.

Recently, have kept my projector fixing to 8mm machines as I can still manage them. Luckily I have a son and daughter who both help with packing and moving heavy things around. Projector Heaven is still selling on ebay and we are kept busy listing and buying projectors.

I have been looking in to the forum most days but haven't contributed much recently. Janice has been doing her usual excellent job giving newbies and others helpful advice as some other members who respond to calls for help.

Thanks for your kind enquiries. Am still here and will turn 70 this month.

regards to all the forum members.
dogtor frankarnstein

[ June 01, 2017, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2017 10:49 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank:
Glad to hear that you are OK. I am your age and I know what you mean regarding those heavy projectors. For that very reason, I have been selling off my 16mm projector collection. It has taken me about two years but I have sold most of them. It is really a chore packaging them correctly and shipping them. Most of them weigh between 50 and 60 lbs with proper packing.
Best Regards,
Barry

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 02, 2017 06:13 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8mm does have its benefits! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2017 07:13 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Light weight stuff. You should try lugging 35mm or 70mm
prints around daily for 45+ years.

Now that is back breaking work . Yes 8mm is indeed bootlace
weight.
A lot better for your health too ! But not your savings.

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 02, 2017 07:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a price you have to pay for convenience in the home.

Privately owned films of outstanding image quality for the most part as well as great sound and convenient sized films and equipment. [Wink]

An all around winner in my book. [Smile]

As for savings,...You are a long time dead and there are no pockets in shrouds! [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ June 02, 2017, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 02, 2017 09:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

Nice to see you're busy and that your family is helping out.

Barry,

Thanks so much for starting this thread.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC