8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Collectors Event Near London - Big Screen Time Revival (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Collectors Event Near London - Big Screen Time Revival
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2017 02:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its wonderful to see these events still going .

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 24, 2017 02:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Brian.

--------------------
Dominique

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2017 09:57 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some photos of the fair before it opened.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 26, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Chris.

--------------------
Dominique

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 26, 2017 11:18 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's wonderful to see these events still going.
Or in this case, going and coming back! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2017 12:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thoroughly enjoyed the day and also wish to thank David Tatham and his family & helpers for putting on such a great event - I could not get there until nearly 12 noon so missed some of the earlier shows but caught the Super 8 'scope show and Adrian's excellent Scopitone show and talk and both were excellent in content and presentation. Having watched amazed at Adrian's Scopitone films I now call Technicolor 'Tech-Nicker-Colour' instead as there was so much underwear and minimal beachwear in view worn by the dancing ladies in these very catchy 60's musical jukebox films. Certainly a fascinating genre to collect.

It was also a pleasure to chat with personal cine friends Bill Parsons and Nigel Lister, and meet up with Martin Dew for the first time too - not forgetting Ian, Keith & Raj, etc.

Purchase wise my main guage now is 35mm so buying a lovely full carrier bag of 35mm trailers for £20 (the equivalents on Super 8 would cost about £200) and a superb pair of 4000ft 35mm rewinds for £25 sealed the day as a great success for me - just those rewinds alone have since saved me so many trips from the shed back and forth to the cinema as my larger Rigbys can stay in the cinema permanently now.

Excellent quality and very keenly priced catering too - plus the free delicious cake and coffee (full size mug not a wibbly wobbly plastic cup) included in the £8 Special entrance price it made the day even more perfect.

Already counting down the days to next year's event in May 2018.

Kevin

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 29, 2017 02:52 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which day in May will that be ? I hope it's not at the same time as the 9.5 International Festival.

--------------------
Dominique

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2017 04:54 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dominique

The next event date is printed on the back page of the BSTR booklet given to me on the day - Sunday 13th May 2018.

Kevin

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 29, 2017 05:17 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kevin ! The 9.5 festival will be later in the month. So it will be possible to attend both 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2017 05:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Dominique looking forward to seeing you there next year - I am sure now you are the most dedicated cine enthusiast on here as you go to all the conventions across Europe!

Kevin

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 29, 2017 05:26 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow this looks great. Sorry for my ignorence here, is this a new event?

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2017 05:34 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom

It's a new event in location and organiser team terms, but is named Big Screen Time Revival as it follows on from Geoff Wheeler's original Big Screen Time days he ran for many years until 2012.

Kevin

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2017 05:36 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can only reiterate what everyone else has already said, but I'd also like to pass on my thanks to David Tatham and his family for organising this excellent event. What was particularly noticeable was how friendly the event was, also a tribute to David.

I particularly enjoyed the Movietone and docs show in the morning, a selection of Simon McConway's intriguing films, including an old Eumig promotion, the piece about Perry's and Derann, and the demise of the trams.

I had to leave by lunchtime, but I will definitely be staying for the whole gig in May.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 29, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kevin. I always have loved to travell. So any occasion is good to take😁

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC