8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Where can I buy these auto loading super 8mm reels with translucent cases?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can I buy these auto loading super 8mm reels with translucent cases?
Robert Lee
Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for Robert Lee   Email Robert Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which place has the best prices? A bulk purchase may be considered.

-

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 12:49 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try bags unlimited for bulk.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 12, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,

These look like Tuscan reels. They are nice looking, but I shy away from them, especially larger than 200 feet.

I bought several of the 400 footers and they were a little warped, one of these situations where once a revolution one or both flanges scrapes on the edge of the film and gives you a little fingernails on the chalkboard sound (use these only with LOUD soundtracks!)

The same reels tended to crack around the hubs, and also the cases all cracked and fell apart.

All of my Tuscan 400 footers were retired years ago.

-however, I never had any such troubles with the 200 footers.

Did I just get a bad batch? -could be, but I'm not trying that one again.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Robert Lee
Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 12:57 PM      Profile for Robert Lee   Email Robert Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,

What 400 ft reels and cases do you use or recommend?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 12, 2017 01:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Momentcatcher has Tuscans, and they seem to be made of a different plastic too: (Might be worth a second look)

Can and Reel Sets

They also have Geeps, which are what I like. I've had them as large as 800 feet and they are as straight as an arrow.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 01:12 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne's "the reel image" has reels and cases to check him out.
https://thereelimage.jimdo.com/

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Robert Lee
Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 01:15 PM      Profile for Robert Lee   Email Robert Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim,

The reel image carries Taylor reels and from what I read on this forum, they don't get good reviews.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2017 01:17 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that now sorry about that urbanski film may have some too
http://urbanskifilm.com/supplies.html

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC