8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Anscovision 388 dual 8 Projector (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anscovision 388 dual 8 Projector
Frank Marsello Jr
Junior

- posted September 27, 2017 09:45 AM      Profile for Frank Marsello Jr   Email Frank Marsello Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,
OK, looks close, but not an exact match to the GAF 2388. this bar is metallic and a magnet sticks to it. I may have someone try and tack the tab back on the end.

I couldn't tell if your bar has a tab at the end or is it just flat.

Thanks, frank

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 27, 2017 10:42 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you are calling a bar is actually a section of "linkage". Linkage is generally the term referring to a mechanical switching mechanism comprised of two or more (usually metal in projectors) rods or bars.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Frank Marsello Jr
Junior

- posted September 28, 2017 09:36 AM      Profile for Frank Marsello Jr   Email Frank Marsello Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Yes Janice "Linkage". I should have recognized it as such. hopefully a friend my son works with will be able to tack it back together. If he can and it works, I'll still have to operate it through it's motion to see if it's within specs (1/16 gap in reverse).

if it needs adjustment I may not try and bend the tab again. what if I slip a small piece of tubing, or something over the tab? wouldn't that be the same as bending the tab? the idea is to push the spring loaded arm away from the take up spindle. it probably doesn't have to move very much.

if you can think of anything else, just let me know.

thanks for all the help.

frank

Frank Marsello Jr
Junior

- posted October 07, 2017 11:38 AM      Profile for Frank Marsello Jr   Email Frank Marsello Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE:

I had the linkage with the broken tab repaired. reinstalled in the GAF 2388Z. checked the gap in REWIND, and it was right on 1/16th of an inch. I tried a 8mm reel and it ran through perfectly. I have a 1/4" rubber gas line as the rubber tire. there's just enough pressure on the tire to run the spindle, but no excessive force to load down the drive spindle.

thanks to everyone who posted. I learned a lot about these two projectors.

best regards,

frank

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC