8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Projector Confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector Confusion
Jacob Scholtz
Junior

- posted September 24, 2017 05:21 PM      Profile for Jacob Scholtz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone who can help me with my dilemma please. I have a Bell & Howell 466A dual autoload projector in perfect working condition. I found some spare parts on ebay, which consists of belts for the motor, and the arms. Including a lamp. My problem is that this guy sells them for the B&H model 466. My question is ...are these two projectors the same in every way , or is there some mechanical, or electronic difference. I sure hope they are the same thing. The ''A'' throws me off, and i am now a little confused. Any help from a projector expert please, thanks. [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 06:43 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have sent a reply by PM Jacob thanks. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 05:01 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

Jacobs question seemed clear, concise and was addressed to anyone in the forum who was a projector expert or could help him with this issue.

You answered him but I can't see the reason for replying to him in a PM and yet everyone can see that you have replied to him in such manner.

No one in the forum can see what you have advised him or if you have given him good advice at all. How can your advice be challenged, probed or verified by other members if it is secreted in a private message sent by you to Jacob?

Perhaps there is a good reason for you to be getting into in a private consulting session with members asking for help from the forum.

If so, please explain it to the rest of us and how is any other member going to benefit or learn anything from this?

dogtor frankarnstein

[Confused]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 06:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No you are correct frank. I only sent this as a PM originally as I was trying to place Jacob in the hands of a respected collector who I felt could better advise him on this one.

It turned out i had my wires crossed anyhow as I was thinking the machines Jacob refers to were one particular gauge when in actual fact they were completely another!

Personally, it's a model i have never heard of, seen, or know anything about, but I felt I may know of a man who would know these and therefore would be able to better advise Jacob. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 09:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jacob
The Super 8 Database says there are four models of your Bell & Howell.
466A
466B
466Z
466ZB
There is no mention of a 466.
I assume the seller, by quoting 466, is suggesting that the parts he is selling fit all the range.
Why don't you contact the seller direct to ascertain if what he is selling is what you need?

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC