8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Home cinemas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Home cinemas
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2017 01:13 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone of us film collectors are still building or converting rooms into cinema .

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 01, 2017 04:15 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wish i had some building skills Kevin, i do have a dedicated room thats ideal but only, (in my view) works "OK" but needs the skills of a handyman to really make it a great movie room. [Frown]
Not the best best images to show but this is a part of my dedicated room during a major clear out, i will update tomorrow with new images
 -
 -
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 02, 2017 02:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Complete with a Tommy Cooper hat [Cool] [Wink]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 02, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures! We do have a thread dedicated to this topic.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2017 06:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could learn how to upload pictures but I'm crap. [Frown]

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2017 02:17 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On this forum the pictures must be send to the main email and you must tell them where to place them.
At least that's what it sais on the 'upload an image' link.
Ohh and you have to make the photo small to a total size of 200kb.

I understand, because a website is costing money, and you pay extra for extra memory storage, so if many people put a lot of photo's and video's here, the owner must pay for it.

Best way is placing an image on a photosite and link it here.
What site, I don't know. I used photo bucket when it was free, but they went crazy and ask $400 dollars a year now.
Many forums went blank since than, because all comparison pictures and shares disappeared.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 06, 2017 02:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthieu,

The image upload instructions you are referring to do not apply to this Forum.

On that same page, if you scroll down you'll see a place to enter your user name and password. After doing that, click on the "Browse" button, which lets you choose the photo you want to upload.

You are absolutely right about the file size having a limit of 200K and a width of 550 pixels.

This thread explains the process in greater detail.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2017 03:35 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I shall use that in future posts.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC