8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Stereo 1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Stereo 1200
Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Thanks to a post from Lee Mannering and a second Sankyo Stereo 800 I was able to modify the projector to now handle 1200' capacity supply and take-up reels. I used the supply arm from my spare projector to use as a take up arm on this one, exchanging the gear dive for the pulley system required. Also set take up torque to 80 grams ( maximum, but to spec in the Sankyo repair manual ) to handle the larger reel. As Lee mentioned the projector will run 1200' fine, however it would be best to use manual rewinds rather than stress the belt trying to rewind on the projector. This will suit me fine until I make the leap to the GS1200.

-

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 04, 2017 02:08 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks beautiful and I bet has the best sound as well. Nice job!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 05, 2017 07:59 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job.
The Sankyo 800 was the best projector I've owned. I'm still annoyed with myself for selling it in order to fund an Elmo.

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2017 08:38 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alan and Michael, This was the best projector I owned when I was collecting in the early 80's. That one long gone I purchased this on eBay earlier this year when I got back into the hobby. Here it is, in action last night:

-

-

...A Saturday Fright Night screening of "Fiend Without a Face".

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 05, 2017 08:59 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks well good,
Great job there, i never owned one but i know those Sankyo 800s are very nice machines. [Wink]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 06, 2017 01:13 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any problems with take-up, Burton?
Looks great, by the way.
It might be time to sell on my ST1200 and look for a new Sankyo Stereo 800.
The only thing I did not like about the 800, though, was the amount of light which escaped through the cooling grill on top. Do you find this an issue?

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2017 07:02 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, no trouble with take up as I adjusted the take up torque to 75 grams. ( Sankyo spec is 30-80 g ) The lamp housing does emit a fair amount of light, however I project from a hallway with the screen situated in the living room so no issues there either!

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2017 07:03 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...If you would like information about the torque adjustment I'd be happy to pass it along.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC