8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8/16mm rewinders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8/16mm rewinders
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2017 11:28 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Can anyone advise on the make of a good pair of rewinders?
I`ve had quite a few in my time but most packed in,
I`m looking at Craig, are these any good or please advise,
Many Thanks,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2017 06:41 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have several different kinds including a few different Craig models but my favorite are Bolex. They are good for both 8mm and 16mm up to 800 foot reels. The larger Craig models that are made for 8mm and 16mm have a tension control similar to what the Bolex rewinds have, this is a nice option to have. The smaller 8mm Craig Junior rewinds don’t have a tension control. Neumade Makes really nice rewinds but they are more for 16mm and 35mm. Most rewinds can be taken apart to clean and re-grease, I usually do that when I get a set.

Bolex Rewinds

[ November 05, 2017, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Chernick ]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 05, 2017 07:36 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another rewinders you might want to think about is "Shinko" Electric Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan. I bought a pair of those years ago and they simply clamp onto the bench, they will do both 8mm and 16mm and will take reels up to 2200ft on 16mm and at least 1200ft on Super8.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC