8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Jumping back into Films.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jumping back into Films.
David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2017 04:19 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 20 years I am jumping back into Film Collecting.
In the 70s, when I was a kid, I dabbled with Super 8 sound digests and Had a Sankyo 600 (still do, somewhere). By 1980 I was a teen and lost interest. In the 90s, I happened upon 16mm collecting and eventually amassed several features and was the proud owner of an Eiki 4000p Xenon projector. After a serious relationship breakup, I sold off a lot of things, including all of my 16mm stuff. That was 1998.
Just yesterday I obtained an Elmo GS 1200 off Ebay. The seller is the next town over and I am personally picking it up and testing it out. I still have my 400' digests of Star Wars and CEOT3K to test it out with. Those films are probably very red by now, but still, I have them.
But, for the time being, I am back into the Film World.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 17, 2017 04:42 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back !

--------------------
Dominique

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2017 12:31 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whelcome back, and congrats with your Elmo GS1200

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2017 01:04 PM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. I am sure I will have several questions regarding a variety of things...Most obviously, availability of parts, lamps, scope lenses/brackets, etc.
What would be a good splicing method now? I am sure the Kodak Presstapes are long gone.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2017 03:11 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, welcome back to filmish folly.

Larry Urbanski still sells Presstapes. Also tape rolls, and a lot of other supplies. Splicing cement is still around too.

Takes a little digging sometimes, but supplies and help of all kinds is still available!

Chris Holton
Junior

- posted November 17, 2017 11:25 PM      Profile for Chris Holton   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Holton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello..Im the new guy here, I'm here to learn.I have a bunch of 8m.m.(home) movies from the 60's to digitize and turn into youtube videos my main course is our drag racing history, I have some rare footage..
I purchased a wolverine movie maker "pro" to to this with and a wolverine "titan" slide/negative scanner..
I also have a youtube sight that I do "moto-vlogging" with my motorcycle..

--------------------
Ride hard-Die free

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC