8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Leon Norris?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leon Norris?
David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 07:26 PM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that I am a "soon to be" owner of an Elmo GS 1200..I need to find someone that can work on them...If that is possible.

A while back, the Reel Image sent me some info and in it was a business card with Leon Norris on it, from Norristown, PA.
I tried calling, but seems like I called a Fax #.

Does anyone know anything about him, or anyone that does Elmo work in the states? Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 07:37 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try using the search function on the forum using his name....there was a thread about his new phone number on Sept 24th 2017.

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 08:25 PM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got through to him, thanks. Sounds like a nice guy, and VERY informative as well.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2017 08:25 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
Since you mention that you are a reader of Steve Osborne's The Reel Image, you should also pay attention to Steve's editorial comment on page 2 of the latest issue #40: "Speaking of money, there is a guy from MA who just popped back up on the 8mm forums who still has not paid me for a NEW print of Jurassic Park he received from me over 6 years ago!! Sellers beware!!" [Roll Eyes]

In regards to Leon Norris, he has serviced my Elmo projectors on several occasions over the years with no problems or complaints. I have also purchased new spare Elmo parts from him and called him for advise when I needed it. He was always helpful, and I'm very pleased with his service [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 23, 2017 11:30 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have dealt with Leon for many years, and he has always offered sound friendly advice on my GS1200 problems. So far I have been able to do all necessary repairs myself, with parts supplied by Leon. I hope it will never be necessary to ship my projector from Florida to Pennsylvania, but if the day arrives when I cannot fix the machine myself, Leon would be the person I would turn to.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 04:56 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too have had great experiences with Mr. Norris.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

William Davis
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2017 07:34 PM      Profile for William Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also known Leon for many years - I have 2 Elmos's and Leon is the man I would go to for repairs.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 25, 2017 01:28 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will also add that around 18months ago i did purchase two brand new sound head pressure pad assemblys from Leon. Rang him one day and got the parts 2 weeks later and with help from a forum member here to get it all going. No problems. I know it was only a parts supply but no one else on this planet had these items and they were brand new. One now fitted to my trusty HD.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC