8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Editor viewer HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Editor viewer HELP
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 11:31 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, an help, I should do an offer on a Zeiss Ikon Moviscop.
We know that this model of viewer exists for 8mm and 16mm, with the same body (change only color, presence of rewinders, etc.) and it has always been said that, to see the difference of gauge, you need to see the two black spools, if are thick or thin (and, of course, the width of film window, but it's more difficult to do it from afar).
The kind seller sent me a photo, but I'm doubtful.
The spool is wide like 16mm, but has two central "strips" (marked by the red arrows), as if for "center" the 8mm film in the middle of sprocket...
So, is it a 8mm or 16mm model?
I've done research on the internet, to tell the truth, the 16mm versions are there with both the "strips" or also without!
8 or 16? [Smile]
Thank you!

-

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 11:45 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tape shows a measurement of 16mm across the guide, plus you have two drive sprockets equal about centre of the guide, so I would say this is a 16 mm editor .....

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 02:07 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Paul, is certainly 16mm.

Only, I can't understand if of the 16mm version also exists versions with the black spools with two "stripes" market with the red arrows in photo and without the two "stripes".

And what's the use of those stripes on sprocketa? Not best a swimmingly sprockets?

Another version with black sprockets with "stripes":

-

A version with black sprockets without "stripes" (maybe! check Google for other photos):

-

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 02:14 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The stripes are for touching the film only between the frame and the soundrack/perforations. The other type of roller is curved and touches the film only on the edges

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 03:36 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Fabrizio, I see that even the 8mm has the same strip, but one, of course, which touches the same points taht you say (though, perhaps, not with precision).
I had the 8mm version, but I didn't remember this detail, and I don't know if even for the 8 there is a non striped version.

-

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2017 02:25 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another curiosity: another difference from version to version, independently of type of rollers present, is the presence or absence of the presser on the film guide.
With or without also in 8mm versions.
Can also see it in the pictures above.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC