8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DC Motor`s Aching Eyes ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DC Motor`s Aching Eyes ?
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 10, 2017 05:17 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just wondered if anyone else gets this when running projectors with DC brushed motors.

I used to cause havoc with my old ST600 in our small row affecting a TV booster somewhere, but now both old ladies that were on the usual TV have moved out and I think now we are all online viewing or freesat HD etc its OK as digital terrestrial is no go here apart from a very few single figures not so great channels.

The old lady right next to me used to compalain that she lost all her sound and the picture went iffy sometimes and I guiltily realised it was me in 8mm ST600 action.

So for a few years have had to stick to Brushless motor projectors or odd times made sure I watched after 11/12 at night on others. ( and the odd sneaky ).

Anyway its not an issue now on the TV front But going back to using my favourite 600 feet Elmo projectors, it seems that if I stand or sit next to the projector while its running I get very achey eyes, its quite obvious and never get a jot with my 16mm Elmo CL ( or my previous Eiki as both asynchronus ).

When I was looking in to ways to suppress my motors for the TV issues I read brushled motor`s can give off a small amount of Ozone ?

I`m just maybe a little more sensitive too it since my stroke or something but I seem to have nothing at all with my Elmo CL.

I just wondered if anyone else noticed it at all. Its not that bad really and does wear off after a while, but I`m just interested to see if anyone else gets it etc.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2017 05:31 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
I don't know about my eyes, but I get aches all over these days. Couldn't just be an age thing could it? [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC