8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fail reception fim: Elmo GS 1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fail reception fim: Elmo GS 1200
Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 16, 2017 09:04 AM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone: My Elmo Gs 1200, has stopped collecting the movie. He did it well until a few months ago, from time to time he stopped momentarily and with some small touch his work was restored.
I have disassembled and cleaned the engine, checked the gears, cleaned and greased.
The motor runs externally powered, in both directions; the engine is fine.
I do not know where to start; relays? Power circuit ...?
Can someone guide me?
The rest of the projector works correctly, this motor also does it in the rewind.
I hope some guidance.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 09:19 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miguel, check the gear at the base of the rewind arm, this is known to split and will jam the mechanism from rewinding the film, or take up, its a bit awkward to see this, get a bright torch to shine inside the gearbox with the back cover removed.

Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 16, 2017 01:27 PM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul, thank you for your prompt response. I already dismantled the engine and checked the gears, cleaned them and added grease ...
I have measured the voltage that reaches the motor and only arrives when it is switched to rewind, there is no voltage when I switch "forward"
I think it's from the circuit, it can be a switching relay ...
Thanks for your suggestions I hope that someone has had some similar experience or knows the possible cause of this anomaly.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 02:01 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miguel, you need the service manual for the GS, its comprehensive, with a step by step guide to fault finding, I will have a look for you, with the fault you have mentioned here.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 16, 2017 02:41 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film Tech have a free download for the Elmo GS-1200 Service Manual.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#8mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 16, 2017 02:54 PM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Paul, I appreciate your interest and understanding.
I'm sure there are manuals of all kinds and solutions, too ...
but locate the problem, between the maelstrom of manuals ...
It is a task for experts and I am not.
I thank Marice for her indication, but I need something more specific and accurate, thank you

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 05:24 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miguel, don't dismiss the service manual before you have at least downloaded it, because it has a two page diagnostic on this issue, for forward and backward motion of the motor function not working, if your able to read circuit diagram it may solve your problem....

Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 16, 2017 05:45 PM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I do not rule out anything, I need some certainty, because I'm not an expert and I need to get directly to the problem, thinking maybe, in the experience of someone who has "suffered" before me.
I am very grateful for your recommendations.

Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 17, 2017 08:45 AM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already downloaded the service manual of the GS 1200. Paul, can you tell me the number of the pages where the problem of the advance engine is described, and everything related to it?
Thanks again

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2017 09:15 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Page 87 - 88 in the manual Miguel

Miguel Roman
Junior

- posted December 17, 2017 12:12 PM      Profile for Miguel Roman   Email Miguel Roman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It exceeds my knowledge of electronics, and the necessary tools ... I only have a multimeter, and little else.
Thanks for everything

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC