8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 24v 200w Lamps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 24v 200w Lamps
Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 10:05 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone, Has anyone had any experience with the ESC 24v 200w for the GS1200 from Cinema Paradiso. They advertise on EBay at £23.50 plus postage.
Also they advertise the A1/252 EJL 2 for £15.95 with free postage. Are either of them any good?
I would be grateful if anyone has had any experience with either lamp or indeed Cinema Paradiso to get in touch.
Many thanks, Clive

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 26, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clive
The ESC lamps are the correct ones for the GS-1200.
The A1/252 (EJL) lamps are designed for 16mm projectors and whilst will work in an Elmo GS-1200 they will not fully concentrate their light onto the smaller Super 8 gate.
Some GS-1200 owners use the A1/252 by actually moving the lamp holder, but this seems an extreme whilst the correct lamps are available.

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 11:35 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clive
If you try to contact this seller you will be greeted with a message from EBay saying that the seller is not available to answer questions. To my mind this should ring alarm bells to anyone of sound mind. I had dealings in the past and my criticism of him resulted in me being banned from his sales. His listings are overpriced and I would suggest that there are other dealers/sellers that offer far better value and are contactable. Whenever I see his listings I am reminded of bargepoles -big long ones.

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 01:27 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry, Thanks for your reply. I did think the price was a little ott. Do you know any where that sells the ESC lamp, I can only seem to find Paradise selling the ESC lamp, unless you go to the USA, and then by the time you have put postage costs on, you are back to square one.
Regards, Clive

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 02:03 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may just have one among my spares. I will check and get back to you.
Terry

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 02:03 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clive, Steve Osborne in the USA is the only one now selling the correct lamp for the GS1200 the Fuji 24v 200w at the reel image, where you can buy a limited amount per person. He's very fair with his shipment pricing too and valuations for import duty etc. The Fuji lamp filament is different to the other 24v 200w lamps, and dedicated to the Elmo, I have never used the one you speak of with mine so I cannot make the comparison, but if you want to use the recommended lamp, then I believe the Fuji is the one.....

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 06:38 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this link is suitable

http://www.lamps2udirect.com/photographic-studio-and-projection-lamps/philips-13164-24-volt-200-watt-gx53-1ct-24-halogen-projector-lamp/143800

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 26, 2017 07:03 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So are these not the ones.

They read as if they are .

https://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampesc.html

Best Mark.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 27, 2017 03:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will's link are the A1/252 lamps.
The US site linked by Mark are the correct ESC lamps.

--------------------
Maurice

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2017 05:28 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to the members that have replied to my question. It is all food for thought. Best wishes to everyone for 2018.
Clive

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2017 04:46 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lamps from here;

https://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampesc.html

I have, but I cannot tell if they're compareable with Fuji's, since I've never had those.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC