8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Basic Sound Sync Question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Basic Sound Sync Question.
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 01:22 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One part of this wonderful hobby that I have yet to attempt, is using a sound synchronizing machine to record sound onto film.
I have read several threads on this topic but I need to ask one totally bog standard basic question that may, to some of you, be elementary... but if one doesn't know the answer, one doesn't know the answer!

Say,for example, I am wanting to connect the sound from a dvd in sync. with a film, do all dvd players give out this "pulse" that is fed to the sync deck that then keeps the projector running speed constant, or do I need a special one?

Just so you know, I am thinking of using a "GS1200 Video Sync." box with a GS1200. To be honest, I am not sure if the box is home made or not. Does it sound familiar?

Any help / advice would be very much welcome.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 02:08 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think there is a pulse, the box should convert the normal sync signals for an analogue TV from the video out to a pulse for the projector.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 02:17 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What box are you using Melvin, there are a few different one's, the cresta one or pedro box, what ever comes out of the dvd player it comes from the yellow phono socket into your box then in to the GS, some are fitted with a crystal sync which locks the projector at the frame rate of the source...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC