8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » TVEDEN Lamp Module for DJL Bulb?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TVEDEN Lamp Module for DJL Bulb?
Bill Pritchett
Junior

- posted January 10, 2018 09:33 AM      Profile for Bill Pritchett   Email Bill Pritchett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered one of these plug in halogen conversions for my Sears Du-All 8mm projector. Has anyone tried this product? Any comments on how they work verses the original DJL bulb? I'm reviewing old films before converting to digital format and needed a bulb, so took a chance on this instead buying the DJL.
Thanks,
Bill

--------------------
Bill

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 10, 2018 09:57 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill
It looks a perfect idea. Let us know how you get on.
http://www.tvedenlampmodules.com/
I see they offer modules for many other lamps/projectors.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 12:03 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first projector from childhood is an Auto-Scratch B&H 357B, and the quality of the lens is so poor all I can hope is that the rest of the line isn't as bad. When we found a N.O.S. Canon in 2001 and ran Super 8 through it for the first time, I couldn't believe how good it looked. Never had we seen 8mm through a good lens before.

For the price of one of these conversions, you can have an Eumig or Elmo 600 with much better optics and a cheaper halogen bulb.

Bill Pritchett
Junior

- posted January 10, 2018 12:46 PM      Profile for Bill Pritchett   Email Bill Pritchett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting info on the projector. 8mm isn't a hobby for me so buying another projector for future use isn't likely. I just want to use the projector long enough to go through 9k+ feet of inherited family film to see what I want to digitize...content is important and pic quality no so much. After that I'll probably never run the projector again. Had I joined this site earlier and learned more my actions may have been different. Ordered the halogen on Dec 29 and it was just shipped yesterday. Hope to have it working next week.

Thanks,
Bill

--------------------
Bill

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2018 06:41 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Making sure the films are clean, in a runnable state of repair, and that the projector won't scratch are all advisable here. Hopefully you're already aware!

9K is a lot of footage, but it's all completely irreplaceable.

Bill Pritchett
Junior

- posted January 12, 2018 11:04 AM      Profile for Bill Pritchett   Email Bill Pritchett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The films have played on this projector many times so I presume one more time before digitizing won't make much difference. I bought an editor so I could at least clean them before projecting once again before digitizing. I lubed the projector gears and moving parts yesterday. It quieted down a lot from that...Lubriplate 101 and Penn synthetic fishing reel oil. My dad left behind several small bottles of lense cleaner and that's my next step on the projector. All the belts looked very good. The lense says Bell & Howell on it and the lamp guy said they made the projector.

Thanks.

--------------------
Bill

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC