8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Case for Bolex H8 Rex4

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Case for Bolex H8 Rex4
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2018 05:33 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have a Bolex H8 Rex 4 and I would have liked to have an original Bolex bag or case, so I bought an H-1 version of Bolex bags, convinced that it was good for the whole series H : http://www.bolexcollector.com/accessories/case50.html
Unfortunately it is not suitable for my Rex 4, it does not come in because the camera have the base, instead this model of case is made for the old H series without the base.
Do you know the right bag models for a Rex 4?
Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2018 12:13 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the case I have. It's quite a bit smaller than the one I have for my non-reflex H8. The camera fits in it properly.

-

-

-

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2018 04:49 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's very similar to the one I have, but I see some difference that allows even the most recent Rex to fit.
Could you take a picture without a camera in it?
Thank you! [Smile]

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2018 02:37 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is without the camera.

-

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bryan.
It have the part for the base of camera more wide, compared to the one I have. It has a piece in vertical instead of horizontal, to let a Rex-4 comfortably enter (I see that yours is also a Rex4!).

Only thing: I see that the camera in bag is slightly crooked, is it for the rubber eyepiece pressures, it pushes camera a bit?
When are you carrying the camera are stable? The lid close properly?
Thank you. [Smile]

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2018 11:05 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The eye cup does push it forward a bit but it fits nice and snug and the lid closes properly.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2018 02:12 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bryan.
I found it, at a ridiculous price, one bag like yours.
For those interested, I place two photos with the differences between two bags.

Here's the bag that I have (and I'm trying to sell). Note the piece in place of camera base, it's horizontal, and it does not allow the insertion of a more recent Bolex, with a wide base.
 -

Here is what I found, like yours.
 -

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan, a curiosity about this case.
I saw that in your case the piece circle in green in photo is missing, but there is the "sign", as if it had been there before. I don't know if disassembled you the piece, but I answer myself on why: that piece goes against the Rexofader (not provided when the suitcase was produced) and you have to remove it, otherwise the case doesn't close well.
However, now I have the case like you, all right, except for the fact say. [Smile]

-

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2018 11:45 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t remember removing that piece but I may have, I’ve had that case for several years now. It does fit well with the Rexofader and the lid closes properly.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 05:45 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bryan.
Do you have a little key for your lock of case?

In my case there is a different method of opening: you move a "lever" and the lock can snap, without the need for a key.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2018 01:38 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a key but never use it. It’s a very simple key, the lock can be easily picked with a bent paper clip.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC