8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Orange dots on B/W super 8 print???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orange dots on B/W super 8 print???
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2018 02:43 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, even though I am selling the print mentioned next (advising the fault) I wonder if you chaps can advise whats going on.
OK the print is a lovely sharp, good contrast print of the 1936 film San Francisco, plays perfectly BUT it has small orange blemishes through out, but it only occurs on exceptionally small dark areas, mostly the eyes, buttons etc etc. You can see the print on youtube, if you type in the search bar

San Francisco Super 8 feature, clip

Im assuming this may be colour stock used for a black and white print. Your thoughts appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2018 03:02 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either that or if true B&W stock it had trouble in processing. Possibly the fixer bath was worn out or not enough agitation of the liquid allowed spots of the emulsion that hadn't been exposed to remain and over the years and reaction with light and the atmosphere has coloured it.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Brian. Or it could be some cleaner applied in excess: it happened on parts of my "Alien" print (but only there were I had just impregnated the cloth for cleaning, phew...).

--------------------
Maurizio

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 22, 2018 11:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Here's one of a few threads where this topic has come up. It is truly annoying to find this processing problem on our cherished prints.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC