8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Projector Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Projector Problem
Larry Thornton
Junior

- posted February 04, 2018 02:05 PM      Profile for Larry Thornton   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Thornton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased, through eBay, a Eumig 824 SonoMatic HQS sound projector from England. I'm living in western Canada. The projector runs at the European/British standard of 220 volts at 50 Hertz. The problem is, our system in Canada (and U.S. Etc) is 110 volts at 60 Hertz. I ended up buying (from Amazon) a China-made Simran heavy duty step up/step down transformer, which converted our 110 voltage to 220 volts (thus activating the projector motor) but it runs too fast: a test 24fps film ran properly ONLY when the slide switch of the projector was slid down to an 18 fps setting. I was told that a 50 Hz motor would run about 20% too fast if it was run at 60 Hz, which seems to be the case. The problem is that my entire library of Super 8mm film (in sound) were made at only 18 fps. I suspect that I need, in addition to the Simran transformer, a (step down) frequency conversion from 60 Hz to 50 Hz. ....Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thank you. If anyone wishes to email me outside the forum, my address is mail@wizardlarry.com name: Larry

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2018 02:09 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check that there is a toggle inside as refereed to in this post about the 810D below.
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=012042

It is inside and frees the adjustment to allow it to be moved lowed and reduce the speed.

Larry Thornton
Junior

- posted February 05, 2018 04:33 PM      Profile for Larry Thornton   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Thornton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry Thornton here: I would like to thank Brian Fretwell for solving my problem of converting my Eumig 824 SonoMatic projector from 50 Hz to to 60 Hz. Not having a manual for this model (YET! I'll be ordering one) I didn't realize all I had to do was unscrew and open the backside of it, and flip a switch. Done deal! Problem solved. I still must use a Voltage Transformer (which I bought from Amazon) to convert my Canadian 110 volts to the British 220 volts, but that was no problem. I am one very happy guy now.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC