8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Magnetic vs Optical (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Magnetic vs Optical
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 20, 2018 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice sharing that clip, Paul (from the film "Izzy and Moe" (and thank you Dino Everette for sharing that youtube video in the first place!) ...

However, the sound on that clip was from an old 30's recording in the first place and not indicative of good 80's optical sound playback.

I could never afford to invest in 16MM but I'm sure that what has been said of the larger the track the better the fidelity is true.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 20, 2018 12:14 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody here using a stereo equalizer to improve super 8mm mag sound playback?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 20, 2018 12:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have in the past. I have an old, (but bought amazingly in mint condition in it's original box at the thrift store), Realistic/Radio shack brand Dolby processor, which allows switching back and forth between Dolby, stereo and as well as Mono, and it certainly does help hape a decent audio output that totally rocks those old school speakers of mine!

I do SOOO ENVY you're stereo 938, Paul!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC