8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sound films on eBay with no help from seller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound films on eBay with no help from seller
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 12:09 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seller has 12 sound films for sale on eBay but has no time to check for titles and are sold as is I asked him to take quick look at the leaders to see the titles his responses is I don’t have time.
Here is the item number 401494328524

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 19, 2018 01:22 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be better to put up a link. The item number isn't pulling up any item.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 01:25 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SUPER 8MM 400FT SOUND FILMS UNKNOWN CONTENT

At eBay.co.uk

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 19, 2018 01:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually if you click on it with a smart phone it tries to call it! [Smile]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 19, 2018 01:48 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-8MM-400FT-SOUND-FILMS-UNKNOWN-CONTENT/401494328524?hash=item5d7aed44cc:g:V4YAAOSw-JJahz~P

--------------------
Maurice

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 19, 2018 02:30 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice! The reason why it doesn't show up on Ebay via the item number is that the seller may not ship to the USA so it won't show up. It you put it in Ebay.uk then it comes up.
Well the seller clearly states he doesn't have time to check the films in the auction thus the low starting price.
And if he responded the way he did...you will have an even harder time to have him ship to the USA!
I personally don't like to gamble when its overseas as shipping for a garbage title wouldn't pay unless those are 12 unmarked reels which are actually a Derann Feature in "hiding". But judging by the other items the seller has for sale..it could be that maybe they know what they have? Just a guess. Then again.. maybe the seller doesn't have enough time. [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 19, 2018 02:54 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller is a member of this Forum.

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 04:34 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the films were worth having then the seller would make the effort to view and describe them,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim,
I posted this exact listing under rediculous ebay posts here:
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000079;p=39#000962
I'm surprised to learn this is a forum member. [Razz] [Razz]
I walked on past [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 06:02 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at it in another way, what would you expect to pay for 12 empty 400' reels?

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 07:34 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me, I walked away, not because the value is not there. Clearly the value is there. The reels have good value and also even if the film were blank leader it would still have value. If one is to receive this lot, good on them!
It is just that the language of the ad is so strange, and also the reply to Jim above, that it scares a person off. If someone is so busy to check, even when someone takes time to ask nicely, you can just imagine how the person 'might' be to deal with should the films get lost en route or something. I smell 'Nightmare', and thus why I say I am surprised to hear it may be a forum member....but this is just my take of course. I'd rather buy from someone who would perhaps check even 1 or 2 for me. [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2018 09:50 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing the post Matt but could not find it I’ll just keep watching it he said he would post to the US if I paid the shipping I would to see what that is?

--------------------
jim schrader

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2018 09:04 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,guys
The films that you are all talking about are mine ,and there is nothing doddgy or starange about them im just a busy man but due to intrest here on the forum i have taken a look at the leaders and here is what they say ,maybe this will help someone make up thier mind and bid if they so wish .

mikey mouse first fifty years
goofys golden gags
cat ballau
earth invaders-looks to be silent b/w
safari in asia 1#
ali vs bugner
turn of the wheel part 4
the eiger sanction
countess dracula .parts 1-4

i cannot guarantee these are complete and colour most likely faded ,unviewed just checked leaders.
I hope that helps
Nigel

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2018 09:14 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Nigel

--------------------
jim schrader

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2018 09:20 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Turn of the Wheel reel is surprising by having part 4 on the leader. I have Turn of the Wheel and it is a Look at Life 200ft release. If it's on 400ft spool there should be something else on it as well a DCR release on LPP.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC