8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hand rewinders (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hand rewinders
Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2018 02:46 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, Glad you agree with me. One old cinema projectionist said to me many years ago. "No projectionist worth his salt would use a self threading machine". A late friend of mine purchased a County Film Educational Film Library when they disposed of all their films and equipment on moving over to VHS. He was told that when self threading projectors replaced the older manual threading ones they had far more films returned damaged than they had previously. This was also partly due to the fact that "Powers that be" decided it was no longer necessary for teachers to take and pass the "Visual Aids Certificate" course before being able to use equipment. Ken Finch. [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Knappstein
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2018 01:38 AM      Profile for Thomas Knappstein   Email Thomas Knappstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I am using my selfmade Motor Rewinder over 20 Years now. I also can be used as a Hand Rewinder. On the Top is the Speed regulating Knob.

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 24, 2018 02:14 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally speaking on manual threading, aside my 16mm all my super 8s have been auto thread,for 40 years. Auto threading has never given us a problem, as long as the leaders are trimmed properly and not damage it has served us fine for 40 years, however,from a professional projectionists point of view, i fully understand what you say. I think if i had only ever got into 16mm and not super 8 i may have a different point of view, but for super 8 use i have never had a problem, [Wink]
I certainly dont disagree as this is something that individuals will decide themselves. It's what works best for each person. [Wink]

[ June 24, 2018, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC