8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chinon Q1 4000Gl not feeding Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chinon Q1 4000Gl not feeding Film
E John Williams
Junior

- posted February 27, 2018 08:36 AM      Profile for E John Williams   Email E John Williams       Edit/Delete Post 
I have purchased the subject machine of the net and there is an issue in that the film will not feed though the Film gate. I have removed a couple of small pieces of broken film from within the mechanism but still no film feed. On Closer inspection i find that the Film Gate drive appears to be disengaged, I have no idea how this is supposed to work, but just trying to get something sorted so that i can use the projector. I have iploaded an image of the internals of the projector with notes on where i think the key issues are.
 -

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John W

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 27, 2018 11:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
Are you sure it's not in the STILL mode?

--------------------
Maurice

E John Williams
Junior

- posted February 27, 2018 11:16 AM      Profile for E John Williams   Email E John Williams       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,

It is not in the STILL mode and i checked the mechanism and what i can see does seem to operate correctly in that it releases a small arm that stops one of the sproketted wheels from turning that would effectively stop Film Feed.

The other thing i have noticed is that the wheels that should be engaged in order to feed film through the Film Gate are "Locked" or jammed i cannot tell, the one thing for sure is that i cannot trun them manually.

Thanks

John W

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2018 09:17 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There seems to be sort of clutch mechanism in the middle sprocket drive (where you mentioned that the outer part was turning,but the inner wasn't). That might be just sticky so it could not be engaged. Have a closer inspection around that part,and a good clean/lube if needed,might help. [Wink]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

E John Williams
Junior

- posted March 02, 2018 02:09 AM      Profile for E John Williams   Email E John Williams       Edit/Delete Post 
No Luck resolving this issue, thanks for all your help.

John W

Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2019 06:54 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just picked up one of these and it seems to have the same problem, both sprockets are not being driven for some reason.Everything else seems to be working ok.Anyone know?.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC