8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shipping projector lamps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shipping projector lamps
Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2018 04:58 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A question for those who get their lamps through on-line sources: I recently acquired a batch of miscellaneous projector lamps from a local camera store that has shut down. At least some of these are for projectors used by members of this forum, so I plan to list them here once I have the lamps organized. What is the accepted packaging for shipping? Is the lamp and its "crush-proof" box in a padded envelope sufficient, or is a larger box (and higher shipping cost) recommended? Thanks for your advice.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2018 05:20 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have received lamps in padded envelopes and they are always broken or crushed. I would advise box with packing material. You don't have to overdue it but the box the lamp comes in and a padded envelope is no good.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2018 12:36 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I occasionally sell lamps here in New Zealand which are always posted within New Zealand I like to put them in a small box packed with crushed paper and the actual lamp,whether it's in its original box,wrapped in some bubblewrap.But if I don't have a box then I put extra bubblewrap around it.So far that's done the trick.
When I've had to get them from overseas they are in a box with some sort of wrapping inside.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 09, 2018 02:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Clinton says, lamps should be sent in cardboard boxes.
The lamps being placed in the centre of the box entirely surrounded by suitable packing. This will separate the lamps from any crushing or external damage to the box.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC