8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What on earth is happening with Kodak's Super 8 ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What on earth is happening with Kodak's Super 8 ???
Daniel Dematio
Junior

- posted March 18, 2018 02:32 AM      Profile for Daniel Dematio   Email Daniel Dematio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

Has anybody got any news on when we might actually see the elusive Kodak Super 8. It's been so long since it was first announced and the trail has gone cold on whether it will ever make it into existence!

I am particularly interested to hear what new S8 films might also accompany it, and will Kodak really come out with a process paid film/scan package with scanned S8 uploaded to the cloud for retrieval. I thought that was an excellent idea assuming price and logistics can be made to work. You would want to be waiting months for processing/scanning because they can't handle demand.

If anybody has firm news it would be great. Meanwhile I am loseing hope and interest in this Yellow Elephant!

Thanks to all.

--------------------
Time wounds all heals

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 18, 2018 09:34 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question! You've probably seen the other threads here discussing this. Personally, I think it will happen, but I'm not surprised that some Forum members will take a 'believe it when they see it' view.

If you haven't seen any relatively recent coverage, here's an item on it from January: https://www.dpreview.com/news/6206952952/kodak-super-8-camera-footage-showcased-in-newly-published-sample-reel

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2018 03:48 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wish would be to include positive printing service, also from another lab, for those who want it.
I'm sure that these days users want more the scan service, but how many users will still be there, who still want to project their films yet?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 19, 2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi, I don't see the interest of filming with a cine camera if you see the result on a computer (why don't use a digital camera then ?). So I hope there will be quality reversal stock at affordable price.

--------------------
Dominique

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2018 04:23 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most recent I heard was that they sent test strips to labs for processing. This was to check the quality of the processing. They must be getting close, I would think that’s one of the last steps they would do before releasing the film.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2018 06:07 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Dom: I agree with you, I don't like watching or editing (also the sound) cine-film on computer.

Sure, for upload film on the web or insert small footage of film in other digital movies for experimentation is another thing.

For offers for the positive print I am referring to the Vision emulsions, for a new Ektachrome there would be no problem. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC