8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » my Elmo HI VISION SC.18 2 Track

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my Elmo HI VISION SC.18 2 Track
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 08:43 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.

I recovered an ELMO HI VISION SC 18 2 Track.I had trouble replacing the drive belt at the big pulley, because of the space between the pulley and the rest of the projector. Finally I succeeded.
However when I press the green button to scroll the film at the start and I turn on the lamp the green button does not return automatically. See photo.
If you have an idea of the cause thank you for helping me!
Best regards
 -

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 09:12 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This usually pops back up once the film has been taken up on the take up reel there is a small latch that releases this. That’s how it is with the regular projectors.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 09:18 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
Thank you for the answer . But on this type of projector it is not like other ELMO. I think the button should come back when you turn on the lamp. But on my projector it does not work. Why?

--------------------
Tony

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 12:35 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my Super 8 TRV ELMO does this too once the lamp is turned on the green lever pops up I have examined it in progress and cant see what activates it to pop up must be internal can you see more with the back off?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antoine, the gs 1200 has a micro switch connected to a roller near the rear take up reel, the film tension on this roller actuate the switch that is connected to a relay that returns this loop former to its home position, perhaps you have the same setup on this, the micro switch normally fails, if you follow the film path it may have one last roller before the take up reel, if you push this to the left as you look at the machine you will hear the switch clicking....

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 01:32 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very much for your answer.
I looked for this micro switch because I have two GS1200 but I did not see anything.
In the instructions manual it is said that the green lever for automatic loading gets up when you turn on the lamp

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC