8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kodak 64T

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak 64T
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2018 09:15 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just having a moment to myself and was not to sure which camera setting would be better to use for shooting outdoor, the bulb for indoor or the sun for outdoor. The film stock is Kodak 64T

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 27, 2018 09:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

64T is tungsten balanced film, so you go to "bulb" to remove the daylight filter and expose the film with artificial light indoors, and then go to "sun" to insert the daylight filter and expose with sunlight outdoors.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2018 10:52 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve, I know its different when you use the 100D you set it to the indoor setting. I guess it must be the way the cartridges are notched.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 28, 2018 08:14 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What that is 100D is daylight color balanced film: formulated to be compatible with the color spectrum of sunlight. The internal filter in the camera is meant to allow tungsten balanced film to film in sunlight. This filter doesn't apply at all to daylight film so you go into "indoor" filming mode to take it out of the optical path and leave it that way.

-but, when you go to use daylight balanced film in tungsten lighting you need an entirely different filter to compensate for that. I have one of these that threads onto the lens.

I'm not a great indoor filmer ("filmist"), so this filter is basically just for titling.

When you do this enough you really start to appreciate the human eye: all sorts of lighting conditions and environments and mechanical disturbances and it just works!

On a really good day what you see on a screen comes close to the way you saw it before you put the camera in front your face!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC