8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Help
Trevor Gibbs
Junior

- posted April 09, 2018 01:21 PM      Profile for Trevor Gibbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks!

New on here so wanted to say hola!

I need some specific help and have been trawling Google for answers to no avail.

There doesn't seem to be any technical help with Sankyo Super 8 cameras, in particular the XL Sound range.

My issue is this:

I have been testing a Sankyo XL 600S. It powers up and runs at 18 and 24 fps as well as the powered zoom.

This camera has auto and manual override exposure - However, the needle sits at 1.2 (far left) when the camera is off but even outside with lots of light the needle moves toward the far right side and red light in viewfinder pops on. When in manual the needle will not move below the halfway point and then creeps when you shoot.

I have managed to see a rectangle of light through the gate in manual mode but it does not last. Could this be an issue with dirty shutter mechanism?

Any help would be amazing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
theoccipital

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 09, 2018 01:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm only familiar with the 40S....are you saying the meter isn't reacting enough to lots of light, or reacting too much? If it's very bright, it would make sense for the needle to go to the far right. Or is it only moving a little to the right when you're outdoors?

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Trevor Gibbs
Junior

- posted April 09, 2018 01:53 PM      Profile for Trevor Gibbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is over exposing any light.

It sometimes moves on its own.

I have a XL 40s and it works perfectly Doug

--------------------
theoccipital

Trevor Gibbs
Junior

- posted April 09, 2018 05:18 PM      Profile for Trevor Gibbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea how that text got posted!

So the Sankyou XL 600s is reacting to light but it is not accurate.

Maybe the CdS cell needs replacing?

[ April 10, 2018, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Trevor Gibbs ]

--------------------
theoccipital

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC