8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » If you think putting 8mm film into projector is complicated, let you see this one!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you think putting 8mm film into projector is complicated, let you see this one!
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 25, 2018 12:28 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people nowadays found putting 8mm reels in a projector is an inconvenience way of watching film.

Show them this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50kOJRfVCQ4

This is the most inconvenience way of listening to the music.... [Big Grin]

ps: I have just knew there is a kind of that thing in this earth.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 03:08 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And look at the "fixed head video recorder" 1'30" into this. It came up in the sidebar when watching the above.
I've never seen an Elmo laser sound video recorder with a lens like this.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 08:25 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a complete and totally utter waste of time!

I wonder why I never found out about this 1980's technology at the time? Beats me!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 11:36 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember some 1980s Teac cassettes with "reels" but not designed to be removable, which cuts the playing time by close to 50%. I may still have one somewhere, worth buying just for the cool reels rotating as you used the tape.

But this I never saw. The accessories are astounding to me. I love the one viewer's comment: "All the convenience of cassettes without any of the convenience!"

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 02:33 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awkward yes.. but very cool looking.

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 08:21 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Making a simple cassette become complicated again,negating the purpose of being "cassetted". No wonder why it's a flop. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 26, 2018 02:26 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One good invention was the VHS-C to VHS adapter. This allowed you to play the small cam-corder cassettes (VHS-C) on a standard VHS recorder.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-VHS-C-Video-Cassette-Adaptor-Black/dp/B000P1KSHO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524727310&sr=8-2&keywords=vhs+adaptor

--------------------
Maurice

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2018 08:55 AM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

I cannot comprehend why anyone would make such a ridiculously complicated recording device, particularly since regular cassettes and recorders/players were already on the market many years before this thing.

Maybe it was created for testing a person's tolerance for frustration. It IS cool looking.

What's ironic is that, much like the huge surge in interest in vinyl records and turntables, there is now a similar slowly growing interest in cassettes..... why, I do not know.

What's next? 8 track tapes?

If you want to see another strange cassette-related device, check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJo13FP4UpI

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2018 08:58 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it would have meant that if you only used a few shells you could store a lot more recordings in the same space, though finding the one you wanted and fitting it in the cassette shell would take a lot longer.

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2018 09:06 AM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"One good invention was the VHS-C to VHS adapter. This allowed you to play the small cam-corder cassettes (VHS-C) on a standard VHS recorder".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-VHS-C-Vi deo-Cassette-Adaptor-Black/dp/B000P1KSHO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524727310&sr=8-2&keywords=vhs+adaptor

Maurice, you are absolutely correct.

I'm using one to play my VHS-C tapes in my Panasonic VHS to DVD recorder for digital transfer purposes. Makes life a whole lot easier!

[ April 28, 2018, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Kev Morrison ]

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was great having a cassette player in the car. Once a tape was finished, push button to eject and insert another without hardly taking your eyes off the road. With that goofy thing you would need to pullover for ten minutes to switch.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 27, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still got mine and it still works. I keep it stored in a VHS case and most importantly is to remove the battery when its not in use.
 -

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have mine as well, Graham, and it works with the original battery in situ!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC