8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Rand Easton passes on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rand Easton passes on
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard, he was working on that book about Blackhawk - We were in touch about it - Shorty [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 15, 2018 09:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's sad: such a fascinating company, but the history of it is slipping through our hands.

I came along just a little too late: I have a lot of Blackhawk prints but just one of them actually came to me new. They went out of the film business while I was away at college and the next time I bought a Blackhawk print it was on E-Bay.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2018 10:29 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry to hear this. I know it is half selfish of me though because I was really anticipating his book on Blackhawk history (my favorite film company). [Frown]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 16, 2018 10:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought (slowly) from Blackhawk in the 60's, as much as my allowance and some P/T work would get me some choice prints - This was 16mm, mind you - I wrote an article not long ago for Steve's REEL-IMAGE, about the story on Blackhawk the Sauk chief and subsequent war in that area of Iowa - Will try to get it re-printed - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2018 11:16 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty ...

I don't know if you would even be willing to put on the "mantle" to complete the book, but is there anyway that you can get ahold of his research and if not you, than perhaps someone else on the forums, (I'm not all that knowlegdable about the subject but as a writer, i would certainly be willing to help out!), could then carry on the work to it being completed?

Best wishes Shorty!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 17, 2018 10:50 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The work will go on, somehow - Other than that, just ahve to wait

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC