8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 POPPING NOISE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 POPPING NOISE
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 05:41 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are fed up with the loud snap/popping noise when you switch your GS1200 on or off, you can eliminate the problem by just plugging in an unconnected stereo headphone plug into the stereo headphone jack on the rear of the machine. Then there will be no noise on powering up, and then just unplug it to get the sound through the internal speaker or external speakers. Then when you are ready to shut down, put the plug back in prior to switching off the main power.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2018 11:26 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

I suggest to install one of these on "power switch" (both terminals) and let us know for the result (250V mini voltage !!, from 4,7nF to 10nF , "Y" Class ) :

-

Is noise the same when machine is powered "on" with sound set to mini ?

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend using aux out to a receiver at all times.

Keep the receiver sound turned down and on a different input such as dvd (where the GS-1200 is on VHS). And you will avoid the “power pop.”

Running 3 mini cables between aux out will allow the option of mono or stereo sound films. Use the cable that matches your film print sound.

Use trash bag twist ties to mark the mini ends of the cables as follows:

Track 1 stereo (l) 1 twist tie. Input. VHS1

Track 2 stereo (r) 2 ties input VHS 1

Mono track 1 only 3 ties. (Plugs in to track 1 plug). Input. VHS 2

Don’t forget the mono cable will need a “ Y “ splitter so the receiver sends the signal to both left and right OR center channel

Remember to switch to a different input when turning the projector on or off if you are on the projector signal the pop will be heard. This means if GS-1200 sound is connected to VHS then switch to a DIFFERENT DEVICE before giving the GS-1200 power.

[ May 16, 2018, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC