8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 610D Auto Threading Issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 610D Auto Threading Issue
Scott Gene
Junior

- posted May 15, 2018 10:09 PM      Profile for Scott Gene   Email Scott Gene   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings! I recently purchased a Eumig 610D in very good condition. It worked beautifully for 2 reels, but during the viewing of the 3rd reel the film jammed. Turns out that there was a 6" section that was missing the sprocket holes. The film, now frozen in place, started bubbling as the lamp did it's work and I quickly turned off the projector. I did clear out two pieces of film from the gate area, and haven't found any more.

From that point on, the auto threading stopped working. When the lens/gate is swung open you can see the claws moving rapidly, but it's clear that they aren't sticking out far enough to engage the sprocket holes. I removed the back and wiggled the mechanism gently with a tool in hopes of freeing something up, but that didn't help.

The other thing I noticed is the small metal tab assembling that sits just below the lens. I can't figure out what that does, exactly, but it appears as though it's supposed to make contact with another metal assembly above - but it never does. I'm wondering if these need to connect in some way in order to make the auto threading engage properly?

I'm posting some photos of the areas. Any advice would be appreciated! Love the unit and hope I can get it to work again.

Tnx!

http://www.802studio.com/eumig/IMG_3624.JPG

http://www.802studio.com/eumig/IMG_3630.JPG

http://www.802studio.com/eumig/IMG_3631.JPG

|  IP: Logged

Scott Gene
Junior

- posted May 17, 2018 10:45 AM      Profile for Scott Gene   Email Scott Gene   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just giving this a bump. Any 610D owners that might have an idea as to what's going on? Tnx!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 17, 2018 01:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Scott. If you PM me your email address I can send you the Eumig 610 Repair manual.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Scott Gene
Junior

- posted May 17, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Scott Gene   Email Scott Gene   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tnx Janice! PM sent.

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2018 06:27 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you checked the path where the film enters the projector? There's a clear plastic cover that can be removed.

Scott Gene
Junior

- posted May 17, 2018 07:06 PM      Profile for Scott Gene   Email Scott Gene   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will I can get the film to thread pretty far down but those claws just won’t engage. I do this with the front cover off so I can partially see what’s happening. Don’t think it’s the path under that clear cover unless something in there is supposed to be triggered. I’ll check it out. Tnx!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2018 09:44 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The word "claws" has been mentioned, but as this is a dual-gauge projector I would assume it has a single claw like its sound friends.
Perhaps the claw tip was broken off during its attempts to pass the damaged film.

--------------------
Maurice

Scott Gene
Junior

- posted May 18, 2018 11:22 AM      Profile for Scott Gene   Email Scott Gene   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice, sorry - I'm using the wrong terminology as I'm still learning. One claw, but with two tips (upper/lower). The tips look to be intact and not broken. In looking at the repair manual that Janice was kind enough to send, it appears as though I may have to take the unit completely apart in order to get to the pressure adjustment. The claw tips just aren't penetrating far enough - though the manual is somewhat vague as how exactly you adjust that depth. It gives the requirements, but doesn't really say "do this to that'. heh.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC