8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Country and Western Music Spectacular Colour Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Country and Western Music Spectacular Colour Sound
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 13, 2018 12:21 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone by chance, have any lists of which of these 400ft reels had who on them?
We have Volumes 2 and 5 which seem to be holding there colours very well and the sound is really good considering the materials that were available. I dont know how many there were but obviously at least five.
I have just won Vol 1 off ebay, i also have one of the 200ft series of the same oprey TV show. I cant find any write ups about these in any of my old magazines. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 14, 2018 05:34 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom

I no longer have my Colombia catalogue, but did own a 400 footer once upon a time. It was really good, but cant remember if there was only just two 400footers released, selling the one I had was a bit mistake, and if you do have them on good color stock then you have a real winner [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 15, 2018 05:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Graham, well, this one did turn out to be a bit of an odd one. The seller was A1, the item, is vol 1, the print is excellent, but here is whats happened,
First of all, Steve Osborne has confirmed that there were at least 12 of these released. We already have Vol 2 and 5, a 200ft version called country and western greats, (from the same series).We also have A Jim Reeves memorial.
A few nights ago I checked this new reel, I also checked our existing Vol 2. This is what I found.
The one I just received, Country and western Vol 1, printed on the leader, labelled on the original box, (not stuck on, but printed on) EVEN the title on the film during the intro is C & W (VOL 1),
I viewed it and the content is identical to my Vol 2. The quality is excellent, the colour and sound both very good.
I then checked my existing Vol 2, the original leader states Vol 2, (printed into the leader), the opening title on the film itself is C & W Vol 2
Now I am worried about buying any more if they should appear in case there are other duplicates. I have never seen this before.
What do you think?
Anyway, here are the screenshots, its still good fun but i dont need two copies thats for sure. BUT, as stated, the seller was A1, the print is very good, as it happens, he had a Vol 2, but as i already had it i didn't bid. This is not the wrong one in the box, nor is there anything to suggest it, the leaders and titles on actual film itself is plain to see. These screenshots dont do it any justice as the colours are really something with all the costumes.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 15, 2018 07:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly looks good [Cool]

Tom I sent my Colombia catalogue to David Kilderry in Aussie a few years back, he might still be a member here "not sure", but if you can track him down, he might be able to help you, as all the Colombia releases including if I remember right the Country Western stuff are in it.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 16, 2018 01:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham. See what we can find out. [Wink]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 17, 2018 12:40 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How odd - I've never heard of anything quite like this happening! It would be interesting to see what it says in the catalogue. I'm inclined to think it was an embarrassing one-off error that someone made, as it would have caused problems/complaints that they probably would not have wanted repeated. Unless the master of Vol 1 became damaged, they may not have reprinted the duplicate Vol 2 after the first batch, so your print might be something of a rarity, especially if there's also a Vol 2 in circulation with completely different content!

[ June 17, 2018, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 17, 2018 05:36 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree there Adrian, it is most odd. I ill pop up some screenshots later of the actual titles of both so you can see.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC