8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO magnetic heads ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO magnetic heads ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 15, 2018 11:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that this got lost in the shuffle of one of the posts ...

Does anyone know as to who provided the sound heads for the ELMO 1200HD (I think that's "HD"), I mean, the maker of those specific sound heads, as they have very good sound.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 15, 2018 02:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be as much down to the circuitry on the sound board as the heads themselves. You get the signal from the head as good as it's going to be, but then you have to amplify it without adding in all sorts of distortion and hum.

This much I can say: the Elmo heads wear like iron!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2018 05:38 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, do you mean they actually DO NOT wear? Osi FYI these heads are the very same ones used on the GS 1200 and on the Goko RM 8008. Maybe even some later series of the Yelco range. In size and shape (but probably not as regards spec) they look the same as Sankyo heads. And if youonly need them for playback, you probably may try them successfully...

--------------------
Maurizio

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 15, 2018 08:44 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the colloquialism!

-it means something is very difficult to wear out.

Often applied to things that aren't made of iron, like clothing.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Steve, I suspected that. It's always nice to learn new colloquialisms [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC