8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pedro Box Ideas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pedro Box Ideas?
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 01:50 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rather than search for an old thread, I will ask the question again.

To record in sync, how exactly does the Pedro box work, are they still made, or what else could I use to lock it in from DVD source?

Right now I certainly have the projector for the job, GS 1200 Versions 2 & 3. But beyond that, I am starting from scratch and I am willing to make the investment if it's not to hard to get started............

Advice please...........

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 22, 2018 07:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to have the exact source of your LD/VHS copy to your 8mm prints. A few seconds different (as it happen for some release version due to the censor board) will ruin your screening.

AFAIK, Pedro box is no longer on production. But I believe with today's software it can be done through computer application for a fraction of the price.

There are some other technical aspects that other may add.

--------------------
Winbert

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine, Renzo Dal Bo, who is a keen builder of a lot of practical stuff, built some devices with the very same functions: I tested them thouroughly a few months ago and they proved 100% reliable with the Elmo GS 1200. He told me he now has to switch to the beta units to regular ones and then he might be willing to sell a few of them but of course I can't speak for him because these things are time-consuming and he has his own chores to do. What is sure is at some point I may want to replace my current P. Box with his devices, if the above comes true. In the meantime perhaps he might be happy in hearing there is interest in these...

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC