8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help Needed for a couple of projectors!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Needed for a couple of projectors!
Tom Schulte
Junior

- posted June 26, 2018 10:15 PM      Profile for Tom Schulte   Email Tom Schulte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently acquired a couple of dual 8 projectors, a Eumig 610D and Sankyo Dualux 1000H.
Most functions work on both, but unfortunately, the rear/take-up spindles don't turn on the Dualux 1000H, and film can't be transported through the 610D.

From my observations (and very limited knowledge)->

Dualux 1000H:
- Front spindles are ok (in reverse), back spindles fails to move completely. Attached parts on the back spindles inside the projector don't spin either.
- Not a major worry, but the belt, gears/cogs etc are temperamental. Sometimes they need a little physical push to get it going.

610D:
-Pressure plate seems ok, and the film guide 'claw' seems to be intact and moving up/down. However, it looks like the claws are not protruding through the 'claw gate' and thus unable to latch onto and perforations.

-

Any guidance/help/repair manuals would be greatly appreciated!!

Tom

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 26, 2018 10:47 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Tom. It's possible the Sankyo 1000 needs a new belt. The belt may be too tight ... putting strain on the motor. You could also try putting some oil on the motor bearings and replace any hardened lubrication on the gears.

I have a repair manual for the 610D. PM me your email address and indicate the manual you need and I'll send it to you. It's possible the claw just needs adjusting.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Tom Schulte
Junior

- posted June 26, 2018 10:53 PM      Profile for Tom Schulte   Email Tom Schulte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your reply Janice, I will try the suggested methods. Is it possible for a belt to be too tight for an old/hardly used projector?

I have sent you a PM with regards to the manual(s).

Tom

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 26, 2018 11:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most often projectors that have been stored away for many years have rubber belts that are either stretched or have decomposed and turned to goo. However not knowing the details of how you acquired the projector it was possible that someone else had tried to replace the belt at some time with an o-ring that was too small. If that's not the case then the next thing I would look at is lubrication and it's still a good idea to replace the belt.

I have sent you the Eumig 610D repair manual...I only have the Sankyo 1000 User Manual.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2018 08:04 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I can see in your pic of the Eumig that the inner side guides at the gate are floating free. The loading hair spring has detached at one end and has now swung over the film path. It won't work like that.

If you need help, you could always drop them in or send them to me at Projector Heaven for a repair and service. I am at Labrador, not far from you.

Dogtor Frankarnstein

[Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2018 03:12 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, you are very lucky to have Dogtor Frank nearby!

Tom Schulte
Junior

- posted June 29, 2018 08:23 PM      Profile for Tom Schulte   Email Tom Schulte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank,

I'm going to have a go at fixing it first, however if it doesn't go well, I will certainly consider contacting you!

Thanks,

Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC