8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Oops

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oops
Bill Proctor
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2018 07:40 PM      Profile for Bill Proctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 31, 2018, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Bill Proctor ]

--------------------
US Army
Combat Motion Picture Photographer,
Vietnam, 1966-1967.
Trained at the US Army Pictorial Center, Astoria New York. 1965-1966, Which is now the Kaufman Astoria Motion Picture Studios.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2018 08:46 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: Bill has deleted the original question, which concerned how to correctly set the ASA setting on Beaulieu 6008-series cameras for 50D film.

My original reply:

I've never used a Beaulieu camera, Bill, but what you said sounds backwards: when you'd choose to shoot daylight with K40, which was a tungsten-balanced film, you'd tell the camera such and it would insert the yellow filter, which reduces the light by 2/3rds stop. Hence it was labelled 25 ASA in that mode.

Somewhere on that camera should be a control for indoor/outdoor lighting. Meanwhile, it should also read the "daylight" notch in the front of the cartridge and automatically defeat the filter when you insert that cartridge.

Seems like some experimentation is in order to determine how the camera reads the light situation. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're doing will come along! However, my first guess is you'd park it a little north of the "40" setting and call it 50. Otherwise, if it's reading with the 2/3 stop difference, you'd set it to 80. But that would seem like a stupid way to do it. Should be directly 50.

Anyone have a manual for this?

[ July 31, 2018, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Bill Brandenstein ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC