8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 : Upper Roller guide switch usefullness ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 : Upper Roller guide switch usefullness ???
Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have no idea of the use of it...... (On/Off, no change observed when projector is playing)
The micro switch is hidden in the upper "green" guide and actuated by the small lever with the roller....

Anybody has an idea ?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 10, 2018 01:39 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, this micro switch is part of the front motor drive circuit. It is activated in reverse projection mode only, in order to reduce the rewind torque on the front spool, so as to avoid the film from slipping against itself ( ' cinching') while winding back up.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2018 02:04 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul,

Thanks for this information, I'll make some tests again to observe these torque changing....

I let you know

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2018 09:17 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

After adjusting Both trimmers (Min & Max Torque) its's much better now.
It's strange both machines were showing same "defect".....(Max torque was a bit under rated).
Moreover these trimmers are poor quality and seem to lost continuity, so that , associated motor stop intermitently.
I have clean them with a good spray and it looks ok.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 11, 2018 11:00 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, I think the microswitch is intended to reduce the reverse projection torque, mainly for the situation where you are using a small 200ft front reel (which has a small inner hub and therefore puts a lot of rewind tension on the film), which can cause film slippage and scratching.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC