8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » America

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: America
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 13, 2018 05:28 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy [Smile]
 -

https://youtu.be/rXCnAz1Jsm4

|  IP: Logged

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2018 08:37 PM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

NICE video! Thanks for the demo shots of the GS1200 (I've never seen one running). There's beauty in function. Good demo movie, and the sound was pretty good, too.

Question: if you wanted to boost the sound quality, can you plug in some small speakers, or do you have to run an output feed to an amp, and then your speakers?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 14, 2018 12:48 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kev

The GS1200 is very flexible in your choice, you can use its internal speakers, or plug into L/R speaker out with a min of 8 ohms and not less. In doing so that cuts out the sound from its internal speakers. There is also an AUX out sockets L/R for connecting to an external amp as its feeding out from the projector pre-amp, some people also use the L/R monitor out at the back of the projector to feed into a amp.

Lots of choices but the main thing if you are just plugging in external speakers is to make sure they are at least 8 ohms or more, but anything less like eg a 4 ohm speaker can damage the amp.

In the video the projector shown, was my spare getting a run, but with my main GS1200, the one I use most of the time. The sound is fed from the monitor out sockets to a Sony Graphic Equalizer, then from there to the input in the amp. The Graphic Equalizer does works well, with plenty of opportunity to play around [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 14, 2018 10:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat video, Graham!

Always gtreat to see any other projector chattering along! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 14, 2018 11:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like that too! It's nice to see a film projected once in a while without having to be the projectionist!

Graham, I'm guessing that's a Derann feature. I have their 'scope extract "America", and after "Maria", it looks identical to yours.

(That's a great one when I need to shake the dust off my speakers.)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 14, 2018 06:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi and Steve

Derann were the official distributor of Kempski Scope features from Germany.

Kempski Scope films were outstanding in print quality and still are. The slight downside of some of them were the mono tracks but many people re-recorded them later in stereo.

One of the great things regarding the Kempski Scope prints, was that they were produced in a way, that the image was reduced so it would fit the Super 8 projector aperture plate with only slight loss of image on the top and bottom.

I have no idea the film stock they used and have yet to come across any of there Scope prints that have any form of fade.

Here are just some of Kempski prints....Brainstorm, Doctor Zhivago, Logan's Run, Ben Hur, Poltergeist both one and two, Solent Green, Mutiny On The Bounty, The Fearless Vampire, West Side Story, and of coarse "2010" [Cool]

Couple more from the other night... [Smile]
 -
This still picture in a bit blurry due to screen movement, but it gives you an idea...
 -

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC