8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wolverine Pro... what am I doing wrong? Please help! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wolverine Pro... what am I doing wrong? Please help!
Gary Schreffler
Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2018 11:32 AM      Profile for Gary Schreffler   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Schreffler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
You lost me with high/low focus. My Wolverine does not have any focus ability. Or have I been missing something??!!

--------------------
My God; It's Full Of Stars!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spice
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Mike Spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 720p Wolverine, in the menu I have a focus option, low med high

Ken Abruzzo
Junior

- posted September 27, 2018 12:07 PM      Profile for Ken Abruzzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the Pro, I believe it's referred to as Sharpness (low, med, high). I keep mine set at low to cut down on the artifacts.

Gary Schreffler
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 06:30 PM      Profile for Gary Schreffler   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Schreffler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, got it!! Sharpness = Focus. I also keep it on low.

--------------------
My God; It's Full Of Stars!

Lars Gabrielsson
Junior

- posted October 08, 2018 01:47 PM      Profile for Lars Gabrielsson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Im new here. I have the Somikon scanner. I hade the same problem with jittery footage.
I find out that there was a too high pressure on the film via the metal plate with 2 screews. I removed the 2 screews and made the springs shorter (just cliped of 2 rounds). Mounted it back and all the jitter was gone.
The (too high) pressure made it the mechanism to slow with random positions of the frames as result.
And You may need to use a drop box for the film. Otherwise may the pick-up spool move the film randomly.
If You will test this, don't shorten the springs to much. Some friction is needed to stop the film transport at the right position.

Bill Sherren
Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2018 04:30 PM      Profile for Bill Sherren   Email Bill Sherren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben You said that this was you second scanner what was wrong with the first one? I am in a similar boat to you. Where my new scanner has so far never produced any decent results. And worse is damaging the sprocket holes of the film as well! Did any of your films suffer any change to the sprocket hole after running through the scanner?
When your first scanner was replaced did you have to pay any customs duty to get it sent to you! Cheers bill

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC